• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Seller of the JM Pro Mossberg flaked out, so I'm looking for another 3-gun shotgun. I found an M2, had a couple of questions. What would it take and how much would it cost to increase capacity to 8+1? Do I have to deal with any weird federal crap if I do this? 922R?

MrRogers

Jan 12, 2015
    Great Mills, MD
    Just put a +5 mag extension on my nova tonight from Nordic comp for 120 shipped with a barrel clamp. Gives 9+1 capacity total. Flawless construction and installation. Fast shipping too.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    My buddy shoots competition and uses the same nordic components parts on his M2. Since it runs flawlessly he can't blame his gun, only operator error lol.

Boonie Hat

Jan 2, 2013
    Baltimore County, MD, USA
    Benelli is an Italian shotgun, 922r absolutely applies. With the m2, you would change 2 parts, as opposed to 3-4 on the m4 (to bring it to 10 total).

1) Receiver
    2) Barrel
    3) Bolt
    4) Bolt Carrier
    5) Gas Piston
    6) Trigger Housing
    7) Trigger
    8) Hammer
    9) Disconnector
    10) Butt stocks
    11) Forearm
    12) Magazine body
    13) Followers
    14) Pistol grip

With a field stock, you may only need to change 1 to be compliant, but don't quote me on that. If it's foreign, it has to be within 922r regulations. Most people don't care, nor are people charged with the crime, but it's on the books.

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    Benelli is an Italian shotgun, 922r absolutely applies. With the m2, you would change 2 parts, as opposed to 3-4 on the m4 (to bring it to 10 total).

1) Receiver
    2) Barrel
    3) Bolt
    4) Bolt Carrier
    5) Gas Piston
    6) Trigger Housing
    7) Trigger
    8) Hammer
    9) Disconnector
    10) Butt stocks
    11) Forearm
    12) Magazine body
    13) Followers
    14) Pistol grip

With a field stock, you may only need to change 1 to be compliant, but don't quote me on that. If it's foreign, it has to be within 922r regulations. Most people don't care, nor are people charged with the crime, but it's on the books.

"It shall be unlawful for any person to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) of this chapter as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes except that this subsection shall not apply to--
    (1) the assembly of any such rifle or shotgun for sale or distribution by a licensed manufacturer to the United States or any department or agency thereof or to any State or any department, agency, or political subdivision thereof; or
    (2) the assembly of any such rifle or shotgun for the purposes of testing or experimentation authorized by the Attorney General. "

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    "It shall be unlawful for any person to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) of this chapter as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes except that this subsection shall not apply to--
    (1) the assembly of any such rifle or shotgun for sale or distribution by a licensed manufacturer to the United States or any department or agency thereof or to any State or any department, agency, or political subdivision thereof; or
    (2) the assembly of any such rifle or shotgun for the purposes of testing or experimentation authorized by the Attorney General. "

The question becomes whether the M2 is "particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes." Does the ATF have an opinion on this?

My Benelli SBE and Berettas, all made in Italy, are not subject to 922(r) since they are "sporting" guns.

http://freedomfightertactical.com/922r-faq/

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-456707.html&amp&

Either call the ATF about the matter to see if the M2 is subject to 922(r), or just change out a crapload of the parts with US made parts to sleep better at night.

I am guessing that if it is the M2 Tactical, it is subject to 922(r). If it is the M2 Field, maybe not subject to 922(r).

922(r) is a completely ridiculous law.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Yup, 922r is silly, but it's the law. Of course I ask about this and it looks like this guy is flaking on the sale, too. Feh.

If the guy has not made any modifications to the firearm, then 922(r) does not matter. If he has, just ask him to put it back in its stock form before you buy it from him and you will buy the additional stuff detached from the gun. Then, buy the necessary number of parts made in the USA to meet the 922(r) requirement.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It shall be unlawful for any person to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3)

So is this a copy of a shotgun that is prohibited from importation???

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Well, when you ask whether the shotgun is 922(r) compliant and receive no response, I would assume that the shotgun is not 922(r) compliant and they don't want to say something that might incriminate them.

For the Benelli, I just wanted pictures so I could see what I was getting into. The ad mentioned peep sights, so I'm assuming it's the tactical model, which is why I asked about 922(r) compliance. If it had the stock tube, I could add the tube and make it compliant. But since I have no idea what the heck it is, since he hasn't answered me, I'm just going to move on. I don't usually have this problem with that site, I've bought and sold a lot of firearms and have all positive feedback.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Update. The guy posted a picture of the shotgun. He also dropped the price to $650 from $750. It's the tactical version, does not have a tube extension. I've PMed him twice, and he's dropped the price twice. I don't think he knows how that forum works. Wish he'd call me, but if he keeps dropping the price, I might hold out a little longer.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Update. The guy posted a picture of the shotgun. He also dropped the price to $650 from $750. It's the tactical version, does not have a tube extension. I've PMed him twice, and he's dropped the price twice. I don't think he knows how that forum works. Wish he'd call me, but if he keeps dropping the price, I might hold out a little longer.

I don't usually buy used firearms. Actually, I have never bought a used firearm. However, a Benelli M2 for $650 is tempting. lol Might have to go searching for this forum/ad.

Just kidding, but seriously......

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Another guy is selling a Caesar Guerrini for $3000...

I am actually tossing around a Beretta A400 Explor Action in 28 gauge or a Benelli Legacy in 28 gauge. Actually had the chance to look at the A400 Excel and the A400 Explor Action this past weekend, and the only thing I didn't like about them was the Kick-Eez or whatever it is on them. I'd have to shoot them to see if I liked that thing. However, I don't think the 28 gauge A400 has that option.

Also thinking about doing some stuff with AR's. My list of wants is long. The wallet is short, the cash vault is empty. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom