• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jking22sf

Dec 12, 2012
    Somewhere in Maryland
    So HK finally released a USP 9mm Tactical with match trigger, o ring, and TACTICAL roll mark on Jan. 1. Does anyone know if this will have to be approved and put on the roster or since the other USPs are already on there its good to go? Also do any IPs on here plan on having any in stock sometime. Thanks for you help everyone.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Dumb question but when a manufacturer has several variations of a model, does each one have to be approved? If the roster says H&K USP 9 mm, does it matter if its a standard USP, Compact or Tactical?

jking22sf

Dec 12, 2012
    Somewhere in Maryland
    Im not really sure on that. I believe I have seen it both ways IIRC. I think i remember seeing a form when the pistols were submitted to the roster board and some said a certain caliber and then I have seen others were it said multiple calibers or something to the effect of different variants. Hopefully someone with more knowledge on this chimes in

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Dumb question but when a manufacturer has several variations of a model, does each one have to be approved? If the roster says H&K USP 9 mm, does it matter if its a standard USP, Compact or Tactical?

Welp that will depend on the FFL and who you talk to at MSP (shocked right?).

I had a Sig 229 "Enhanced Elite" transfered in MD and the FFL said since it had the word "Elite" on the side it was a different model. After discussion MSP was called and Marlene said "well just submit it and we will check". The big difference in this gun compared to others? The grip which was E2 and it comes factory with SRT trigger (other 229's on the roster come with that trigger).

This was around the time the Gen 4 Glocks were released and had to be submitted because it had "GEN 4" on the slide.

So in short...maybe.

I do know you can submit a gun that is similar with just doing the paperwork and NOT sending the firearm to MSP.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    As I understand. If it is a new model then a sample must be submitted to the roster board. A variation on that model, once approved, would not require a sample. But must be submitted and approved before it can be sold in MD.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Fwiw, when I bought my cz p09 40cal, there was only the 9mm on the roster. It went through, no problem. :shrug:

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Anyone notice the roster lists Hk VP40 and VP45, guns which don't actually exist yet?

That's something else "strange" about the set up.

I got a whole LIST of guns on the roster and only submitted 1 handgun. As long as the handgun you submit is similar to the others you can request they be approved at the same time.

No different then the 7-8 "assault weapons" that were on the regulated list that were either neither made or never sold in the US.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I have the same question regarding the Canik TP9SA. The TP9 is on the roster, but not the SA and a couple of sellers said they couldn't sell the gun in Maryland and the issue wasn't related to mag capacity. Anyone know about the TP9SA?

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Thanks everyone for your help. I guess now I will try to figure out how I can submit it to the roster board. I am also going to call around to some IPs and see if anyone get can one.

Marlene Jenkins over at MSP can get you the right forms. I suggest you speak with your preferred dealer, then call her if the FFL suggests so.

Code:
    Ms. Marlene Jenkins
    Handgun Roster Board Administrator
    Maryland State Police
    1201 Reisterstown Road
    Pikesville, MD 21208
    Office: 410-653-4247
    marlene.jenkins@maryland.gov

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Factory match trigger

And O-ring barrel and 'TACTICAL' roll mark. That o-ring barrel isn't a joke - I thought it was marketing bull, but my Expert is silly accurate with the o-ring barrel (and the match barrel profile; different hood). I do NOT attribute the Expert's enhanced accuracy due to longer sight radius, so it has to be the o-ring and barrel.

Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    i think i just found my next purchase. hopefully its on the roster. i been looking for a 9mm lately

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Asdfg12345

Latest threads

Top Bottom