• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    I emailed Paul back and expressed my cocern over having to wait even longer, and that the extended timeframe would force me to reschedule or cancel training classes.

He indicated that he would forward my request for expedition to the gunsmiths. So that's something I guess. We'll see what happens.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Next time get some Loctite 620 put a drop on the dovetail and then drift it back over. Measure each side with some calipers if you are paranoid about getting it perfectly centered (like me :)). I have used that stuff of several front sights and none have moved.

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Next time get some Loctite 620 put a drop on the dovetail and then drift it back over. Measure each side with some calipers if you are paranoid about getting it perfectly centered (like me :)). I have used that stuff of several front sights and none have moved.

I actually tried to move it back myself, but only used my fingers as I didn't want to marr up the slide or sight. I couldn't get it to budge.

Luckily, I just recieved an email from Paul that my pistol is being shipped back today. :)

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Got my gun back yesterday. Everything seems to be in order, though they put the wrong house number on the shipping label. Luckily, my neighbor was home and signed for it.

They also threw an extra mag with the pinkie rest in the box, so I guess I can't be too mad because, hey, free mag!

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Welp, 350+ rounds later and every thing seems to be in good shape. I'm actually quite pleased with the gun now that I've got some more range time with it. It took me a while to get used to, but I'm shooting better groups now than I ever have.

Also picked up a Blackhawk Serpa holster for it, so I can work on getting holster draw certified at my range. Good times.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    Glad it worked out for you. Seems like sight groove variances are pretty common or the sights are all out of spec. Either way, sad blemish on what I think is an otherwise fantastic gun.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    :lol: :lol2:

Oh my god - I can replicate that issue with my M&P .45, I close both eyes and the target disappears and people around me yell 'Duck' and 'Oh shyt' - I have issues apparently. :lol2:

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Now your getting the idea!!! ;)

It's not a new concept to me.
    I always get the "How many guns/motorcycles/tools/etc. do you need?" question.

My reply is alway: "Need? It has nothing to do with "need". It's only a matter of "How many can I have?".

:)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Or - How many can I have before I'm sleeping on the couch? :D

Going couch commando sucks...

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Or - How many can I have before I'm sleeping on the couch? :D

Going couch commando sucks...

To date, the wife has bought more firearms than I have. ;)
    She's got the bug, and just picked up a Marlin 60 for a ladies .22 precision match this weekend.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    When issued my MP40 it had the same problem. Handed to me and the next week I was in firearms instructor course shooting awful numbers.

The front sight when tapped, nearly fell off of the slide.

If it was my money spent on the gun, I would make S&W make it right. I gave it to a armorer and had it fixed on the spot.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Good woman you got there then - Model 60, may not be as upgradeable as a 10/22, but it does it's job - the one I have is almost 40 years old and still shoots amazingly well.

Wow, I've heard of a few people that have had that issue, I however haven't had that problem, must be because the .45 version is better... :innocent0

I keed, I keed. :D

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Good woman you got there then - Model 60, may not be as upgradeable as a 10/22, but it does it's job - the one I have is almost 40 years old and still shoots amazingly well.

Haha, thanks. :) She shoulderd the 10/22, but liked the way the Marlin felt better.
    I'll probably add a 10/22 to the collection eventually though, and probably an XT-22 as well, since I really want a mag fed bolt action .22.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom