• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    ENGAGE COMBAT HANDGUN

This class is strictly for experienced shooters that want to up their game in manipulation of their pistol under stress. The only stress that will be put upon the shooter will be time constraints and the occasional unknown distraction from the instructor. But it is a guarantee that you will learn a lot and have a bunch of fun doing. For those who are interested in what the course offers, here is what I got:

This course will cover the following:

• Combat Mindset/ Situational Awareness
    • Gear/ Kit considerations and proper placement
    • Quick refresher of the basic fundamentals of pistol marksmanship
    • Compression of the Fundamentals
    • Accelerated Shooting
    • Immediate and Remedial Action for common malfunctions
    • Pivots and Forward Movement Shooting Techniques
    • Barricade Shooting Considerations

This course is done all on the range so be prepared to shoot rain or shine. The shooter is required to bring the following:

• One serviceable pistol
    • 3 serviceable magazines for pistol
    • 400 Rounds for the pistol
    • 2 magazine holders or pouches
    • Seasonal/ Weather Appropriate Clothing
    • Closed toe Hiking or Combat Boots

The shooter is also required to provide some kind of verifiable source of basic pistol instruction. The basic instruction MUST include actual manipulation and firing of the handgun. Because of the more advanced material covered, we don’t need to waste any time waiting on shooters to catch up and it is also a safety concern.

Total Cost for the course: $300.00 Lunch will be provided

Payment for the will be done in two parts there will be an up front non refundable deposit of $100 due 24 hours before the course date (call if there are any problems). Of course the rest of the payment is due at the beginning of the course. The payment methods are cash, All of our course's start at 09:00 AM unless otherwise posted.

The course dates are subject to change and I will give ample time to any changes being made. If there are any questions about anything feel free to give me a buzz! Thank you for your time and consideration.

Your Future Firearms Instructor,
    Andrew James Wynne
    Engage Armament Firearms Instructor

General Information and FAQ:
    - WE SHOOT RAIN OR SHINE, SO UNLESS THERE IS A NATURAL DISASTER, WE ARE TRAINING!!!!!The range has a lean to for cover for those who will not operate in the rain.
    - A deposit of half of the course entry fee is now due one week prior to the date of the course or otherwise posted. This portion of the funds is non-refundable and can be used for other courses.
    - If you have any injuries or disabilities, please let me know. This does not bar you from taking my course’s because I will help you as best as I can!
    - We will be holding courses at least twice monthly depending on work load, personal, and business considerations.
    - Dates are subject to change! You will be notified the second something changes
    - You may bring your own firearms, equipment, and ammunition but it will NOT change the course price.
    - Lunch is provided at all courses’ to include Sandwiches, Chips, Soda, Water, Cookies, Fruit, and Coffee.
    - If you do not have any of the required equipment, some maybe provided for a cost depending on availability
    - I REQUIRE YOUR FULL NAME AND CONTACT INFORMATION TO SIGN UP. This is for a preliminary background check so that I am sure I am not training a prohibited person or illegal alien.

Our range is good enough to start the skunk works for our new course selection, so look out in the future for course such as:

Engage Carbine
    Engage Home Defense Shotgun
    Engage Concealed Carry Citizen

C45P312

Jan 17, 2012
    Virginia
    Interested in the course but had some questions first ...

1) Where in Maryland will this be?
    2) Any restrictions to someone coming from VA?
    3) Is it $300 for a one day course?
    4) How far do you think we'll be shooting? I want to get some practice in before coming
    5) Since you'll be taking half now and half later, what forms of payment do you accept for the first half? I see cash for the remaining balance.
    6) What time do you normally end at? I have church on Sundays.

Thanks for your time
    -Carlo

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    1) Where in Maryland will this be?

Thurmont, MD

2) Any restrictions to someone coming from VA?

Negative

3) Is it $300 for a one day course?

Yes sir

4) How far do you think we'll be shooting? I want to get some practice in before coming

At the most 25 yards

5) Since you'll be taking half now and half later, what forms of payment do you accept for the first half? I see cash for the remaining balance.

Anyway you see fit of getting your payment to Engage Armament LLC in our location in MD. You can mail a check, Call over the phone for credit card, or come in and pay by Credit, Cash, or Check made out to Engage Armament.

6) What time do you normally end at? I have church on Sundays.

We end in the 5-6pm time frame but you may leave at anytime

Wenglo

Aug 8, 2012
    Hey man. I'm the corpsman that was in your store the other day. I took an ak round through the arm last year and I'm still having a bit of trouble with fine motor skills in that hand (weak side). Think this course would be too much for me?

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    Damn it is the wrong thread! But it is totally up to you if you want to take the course. We will be moving, shooting, and rolling on the ground for most of the day. If you have a disability that you require assistance to get into the positions that is fine I will help you through every drill as best as I can. If the techniques that we practice are going to further your injuries then I would advise that you not take the class, but again I will help you as much as possible. Plus being injured gives you the rare opportunity to actually work the gun with an actual injury and all that applies in sending accurate rounds down range. So ultimately it is up to you and I am fine with whatever you choose to do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom