• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    no contact yet here either, no rush, I am fine with this all playing out. I am sure they are now working on a special session and putting HB579 back on the agenda.

Just trying to be free
    Jan 21, 2012
    Same here, no word. 1 month and none of my references have been called either.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I also thought that I haven't had a call because they looked at the god awful pictures I sent in that looked like mug shot photos and they just couldn't stop laughing as they filed them in the can.:lol2:

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I would expect (speculation hat on) that is correct. I would expect them to run the prints when they are current. I doubt that they will demand a new set when they dust the applications off, but I could be wrong. We shall see. If they do, I will comply. What's another $$$ or so (or whatever it is)?

Funny that in some places it is docuemnted that the MSP requires fingerprints that are no more than 72 hours old, yet the MSP takes 90 days to process an application.

What difference could 72 hours make compaired to and contrasted with a 3 month old background check?

pablo

Backpfeifengesicht
    Oct 13, 2009
    Baltimore City
    I also thought that I haven't had a call because they looked at the god awful pictures I sent in that looked like mug shot photos and they just couldn't stop laughing as they filed them in the can.:lol2:

1 gun permit, pleese!

tedmug.jpg

eyesinpines

Mar 4, 2011
    Funny that in some places it is docuemnted that the MSP requires fingerprints that are no more than 72 hours old, yet the MSP takes 90 days to process an application.

What difference could 72 hours make compaired to and contrasted with a 3 month old background check?

My info that I can't vouch for, though it does come from an "insider", is that their internal policy is to clear applications within 4 months [obviously shorter if denied].
    It takes them only 2-3 weeks to complete what they have to do then they deliberately "sit" on them until just before the 4 months is up.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011

It takes them only 2-3 weeks to complete what they have to do then they deliberately "sit" on them until just before the 4 months is up.

If it takes them (anywhere NEAR) 2 to 3 WEEKS to get one application done, we are in serious schit.

Theres no way, not even if they only worked a day a week. It can't take more than 2 or 3 hours (TOTAL) to process one,.... period.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    10 minutes- background check results= clear, make sure application is complete= ok, get "not disapproved" stamp from drawer, ink, stamp. place in ok pile, next...

EDIT: oops, I was dreaming...

Just trying to be free
    Jan 21, 2012
    From the time my Fla permit was received (confirmed by tracking) until it was mailed out to me was 12 days. Utah took about 52 days if I remember correctly and my Va. permit was in my hands within 2 weeks from day I went to the state police until it was in my mailbox.

In MD it takes ~7days to get "Not disapproved" for a regulated firearm which I could then theoretically go out and commit a crime, but it takes months for me to get a CCW permit? Just silly......

sixfivesavage

Jun 30, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    Just got off the phone with the pfc doing a friends application. Very smooth and cordial. Nice guy realy. Asked me if I were interested in applying and needed information. He checked through his pile to see if he had my application once I told him I had submitted one before the guy he was calling about did. He didn't have it, but said he may end up calling me back soon unless someone else had mine.

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    I got a call today, scheduled a face to face meeting at my local barracks on Friday. I'll certainly take notes/update after the interview. The trooper was really nice and basically "confirmed" ("as far as he knew") that they're doing apps to a certain point then hanging on to them waiting on the outcome of the case. I told him that I pretty much knew that going in and was content to let the process play out.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I used the wording right off the MSI app and I got a face-to-face interview. The trooper I had has been doing this a long time so maybe the folks that got phone interviews have newer troopers that read somewhere or thought they could do it over the phone since the spouse & references are all done over the phone.

Not being a MSP and not knowing how the investigation goes, maybe some of the lazier troopers did not bother with the face to face figuring the apps would be turned down anyway.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    It's been exactly two weeks since my phone interview. I'm glad I haven't heard anything because of the temporary stay.

Once that stay is over with, then I'll get impatient again.

If the state doesn't get their permanent stay, I'll be contacting the permit review board exactly 90 days after they relieved my package. If memory serves, the documents say "90 days" not "90 business days."

Point is, hearing nothing is probably a good thing for a while.

I agree. I think it only take a hot second to turn you down. But I think the MSP are sitting on them or dragging their feet on them because they do not want to approve most of them if they do not have to. But at the same time they do not want to turn any down right now because they do not know where the mop will flop and they do not want tol end up going back to court again.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    I agree. I think it only take a hot second to turn you down. But I think the MSP are sitting on them or dragging their feet on them because they do not want to approve most of them if they do not have to. But at the same time they do not want to turn any down right now because they do not know where the mop will flop and they do not want tol end up going back to court again.

I'm just glad that they didn't get word of the temporary stay and just mass-disapprove applications.

The optimist says they are just waiting until a ruling on the permanent stay. Others have said that the state doesn't wanna look hostile in front of the judge -- I suppose that could be true as well.

I can only see one reason why the judge would say "it's a fundamental right" and then put a stay in place: To make his final rejection of a stay more solid.

It's been said before that the Judge isn't pro-2A, he is just a good judge, a reasonable judge.

Just trying to be free
    Jan 21, 2012
    I just got called! Scheduled a face to face Thursday at the Glen Burnie Barracks. The officer was very polite, referred to me as sir.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom