violate my rights for crimes uncommitted?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    "If it saves just one life, it's worth it."

Whatever....:rolleyes:

If California were to break off and float away, we'd be better off for it.

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    When will the ignorant people of the world learn that:

-Not every person on this earth has the best of intentions for their fellow man
    -Not every crime is preventable through knee jerk legislation
    -Not everyone who would use this law for its honest intended purpose
    -Not everyone will allow you to just take their firearms without a hell of a good reason

If it were to happen to me I would sue the ever loving shit out of the person who swore out the affidavit.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    When will the ignorant people of the world learn that:

-Not every person on this earth has the best of intentions for their fellow man
    -Not every crime is preventable through knee jerk legislation
    -Not everyone who would use this law for its honest intended purpose
    -Not everyone will allow you to just take their firearms without a hell of a good reason

If it were to happen to me I would sue the ever loving shit out of the person who swore out the affidavit.

And just like 90% of all lawsuits you'd either fail, waste money, or win just enough to pay for "your attorneys" new car.

PHRFcrewman

Jul 20, 2014
    Hamilton, Baltimore
    It's there attempt at emergency mental health intervention

If it's their attempt, why don't they just have better mental health legislation?
    My wife is a mental health professional.

Pre-cog unit seems the jist of it.

I understand it was just passed, but I hope the NRA is going to kick CA in the teeth for this nonsense. It's a slippery slope.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    California already has a involuntary 72 hour psych. hold commonly referred to as a 5150 hold referencing the statute code number. Yes this is where Van Halen got the name for the album. If someone really thought someone would need their guns taken from them, why would they not qualify for a 72 hour evaluation (danger to self/others or gravely disabled)? Is there less of a criteria than what justifies a 5150 hold with the new law? I'm sure this was discussed but glossed over because they wanted to "do something" in response to the Santa Barbara shoot up.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    California already has a involuntary 72 hour psych. hold commonly referred to as a 5150 hold referencing the statute code number. Yes this is where Van Halen got the name for the album. If someone really thought someone would need their guns taken from them, why would they not qualify for a 72 hour evaluation (danger to self/others or gravely disabled)? Is there less of a criteria than what justifies a 5150 hold with the new law? I'm sure this was discussed but glossed over because they wanted to "do something" in response to the Santa Barbara shoot up.

This is all well and good but in actuality people are generally released within the first 24. Its a band aid for legislation that they aren't enforcing properly. When you can restrict a persons actual freedom.......restrict their freedoms.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    This is all well and good but in actuality people are generally released within the first 24. Its a band aid for legislation that they aren't enforcing properly. When you can restrict a persons actual freedom.......restrict their freedoms.

That's because its on very thin ice constitutionally. If they actually use this power they risk litigation. Fact is most phycologial evidence fails to meet the standard for admissibility.

These holds are just a way to gain some real probable cause for something....

They may be well intentioned but eventually it will be abused and the claw will be struck.

Feb 28, 2013
    That's because its on very thin ice constitutionally. If they actually use this power they risk litigation. Fact is most phycologial evidence fails to meet the standard for admissibility.

These holds are just a way to gain some real probable cause for something....

They may be well intentioned but eventually it will be abused and the claw will be struck.

Since when has California gave a damn about the Constitution? Hell, they keep electing Diane Frankenfeinstein for God's sake.:banghead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom