• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    There are nut case tin foil heads out there that do not get caught and have real mental problems that can legally buy a firearm. Others have extreme ideology such as those in supremacist's groups.

I speculate, that your analogies tend to support the slippery road to gun confiscation...bud.

Beam me up Scotty.

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    I speculate, that your analogies tend to support the slippery road to gun confiscation...bud.

Beam me up Scotty.

Your FULL of S#!t to SPECULATE I would support that.... and that's your problem, SPECULATING!!!!!!! bud......

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    I carry reduced copies of all of my forms in the pistol grip cavity on my guns. If a particular suppressor will fit on that gun, a copy of that can's stamp goes in the cavity. If it's an SBR, a copy of that stamp goes in the pistol grip cavity, or under the handguard (wrapped in Al foil) just to keep it all together.

I've also got all the forms on my phone, but like already pointed out -- what happens if your phone dies or gets dropped in a puddle?

If a LEO asks to see my forms, I'll make every effort to show them. It's not worth being charged with felony possession of an unregistered NFA item, only to have to hope I can get it thrown out in court because it wasn't. I don't volunteer that they're NFA, but when you do a mag dump and it sounds like an stapler and they come over to ask questions, you have to say something so you're not "evasive."

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    If at an indoor range, I will let the counter person know I am using a suppressor. I have not been asked yet to see my paperwork. My first time out, I asked the guy at Continental if he needed to see my p/w. His response was no one but the ATF should ask you for it. I still keep copies of all in my range bag.
    I am of the of the mindset that if LE asks for it, I will show it. I don't need the legal hassle if the LE does not know the laws. It just aint worth it.

Last edited:

rcpd34

Peoples Republic Maryland
    Jan 29, 2009
    MD
    Why tempt fate?

People always say, what can hurt by doing to much. Well this is a good example.

What right to a cop have coming up to someone shooting a MG to assume its illegal? It may or may not be but why is it assumed it is illegal. If he walks up to you shooting a handgun or now an Assault rifle, no one would think of carrying their transfer paperwork on them. However they could be illegal. However no one feels the need to prove they are not breaking the law. However because the NFA community carries this paperwork on them and hands it over without second thought, its become expected and cops feel like they are entitled to see it. Now you are left in the position where if you don't have it or it got lost, there is a good chance you might get arrested. Everyone trying to cover their ass has put all of us at danger. For those that always carry the paperwork with them.... trust me the time you are stopped will be the one day you thought you had it but forgot it! This is America, you are innocent until proven guilty.... at least until we create a culture where we don't challenge the police to prove we are doing something illegal and think its ok if they just assume we are breaking the law until we prove we are not.

Just think if there was a cop at every BMW dealer who as you purchased a new car asked to see your tax return from last year to make sure you were not buying it with Drug money. You would not just hand that over to him because he assumes everyone buying BMWs is a drug dealer. Yeah its not 100% the same but your form 4 is Private tax info!
    You're handing out some bad advice. A police officer has every right, and in my opinion, an obligation, to investigate someone possessing an SBR and especially a machine gun. They are treated the same in the NFA world. If you have either of these (or a supressor or SBS) without the proper paperwork you are asking for a free ride in a police car and/or seized property. I keep the original's in the safe and high quality copies in a side pocket of the case. I bring a binder if I have lots of toys out. To do otherwise is looking for trouble and foolish.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN

You're handing out some bad advice. A police officer has every right, and in my opinion, an obligation, to investigate someone possessing an SBR and especially a machine gun. They are treated the same in the NFA world. If you have either of these (or a supressor or SBS) without the proper paperwork you are asking for a free ride in a police car and/or seized property. I keep the original's in the safe and high quality copies in a side pocket of the case. I bring a binder if I have lots of toys out. To do otherwise is looking for trouble and foolish.

So I imagine you are not in favor of repealing the NFA laws? An obligation to ensure it is legal? Perhaps a look at the big picture of NFA would help. It has not stopped ONE crime. It is essentially a giant waste of time and honest people's money.

"Especially a machine gun"? What fear of MGs do you have? I also suggest researching the entire reason we have the second amendment. Hint: not for sport or hunting.

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD

I think if you read all of what I wrote, you could see much of your reply does not apply to what I was saying.

However, since you say a Police officer has every right and maybe an obligation... please back that up in law? Why can he assume its illegal? What gives him the right to see your private tax info? As far as a free ride in a Cop car, well there are lawsuits for false arrest too. Especially with a MG where the state has their own registration. Why can't he look it up himself!

At this point you can lump MD Semi Assault weapons and handguns in there too. They must be registered! Does everyone need to carry their paperwork showing their date of purchase too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom