• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bm3r

Mar 25, 2013
    Submitted forms will continue to be processed.

Thankful that I was able to get a few submitted.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    So if I submitted mine last week, I am to assume that no further action is required on my part...correct?

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    just make sure you have a submission notification and payment notification.

I got my payment notification and thought everything was good. I check again and see I never got a submission notification. My Form 1 was not showing submitted or even certified even though I get a receipt of payment. Complained using the Ask the Experts section and 3 days later I get my Submission Notification. Took about a week and a half for submission to resolution.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    This was the screen shot around 4pm:
    54fzb4.png

This is the screenshot now:
    2vla44j.png

Is this reason to be cautiously optimistic? There has been talk of the ATF completely scrapping the current EForms system and relaunching using new tech. Hopefully this outage is short (like the one in January that lasted a few days.) Now, the change could also be due to the "scheduled outages" programming, and it may be down for a while. Who knows, but I am relatively skeptical of the decision to completely bring down the system with 41P pending.

The news isn’t all doom and gloom, though. The ATF has reportedly secured new funding to scrap their (brand new, very expensive) eForms system and replace it with another brand new one that actually might work. They’re reportedly reaching out to people in the industry for help this time, so hopes are high that a new, re-designed system might actually work and shave time off of form processing.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...e-cease-desist-batch-nfa-paperwork-uploading/

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Why is it so difficult for these guys to get functioning software? Seriously... I do this stuff for a living. It's not that hard if you know what you're doing. Oh wait, I guess I just answered my own question.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Here's hoping they raze and rebuild.

An eForm email update on 4/1 stated the system was now going to be re-started five times per day, so I guess this is where it was headed anyway.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Why is it so difficult for these guys to get functioning software? Seriously... I do this stuff for a living. It's not that hard if you know what you're doing. Oh wait, I guess I just answered my own question.

I keep wondering the same thing. Heck I could build them a functioning system for a couple dozen free stamps! :D

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Well, they can't build or run a healthcare web site either.

Most stuff the gov gets involved in doesn't work well and wastes a lot of money.

bm3r

Mar 25, 2013
    Anyone call in or email the online support? Curious to know how long before they update the site.

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    its going to be months, at least, for them to rebuild a whole new system.

unfortunately I think you are right.
    So I've got three items waiting for me at my GS. My dilemma is, do I try to wait out the eform? Or do I just do it the old fashioned (paper) way?

Im theory, it is worth waiting 4 or 5 months for the eforms to come back up again, given how much faster it is vs the paper way. But it might take longer than 4 or 5 months, and God only knows what might happen in the meantime to make things morw difficult to purchase NFA items.

Decisions, decisions!

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    unfortunately I think you are right.
    So I've got three items waiting for me at my GS. My dilemma is, do I try to wait out the eform? Or do I just do it the old fashioned (paper) way?

Im theory, it is worth waiting 4 or 5 months for the eforms to come back up again, given how much faster it is vs the paper way. But it might take longer than 4 or 5 months, and God only knows what might happen in the meantime to make things morw difficult to purchase NFA items.

Decisions, decisions!

If it were me. I would just submit it via paper route. If eforms come back, then you can use it for more NFA items. And if they are still on the 3 month timeline you can enjoy those while you wair for your paper forms to come back =D. Atleast this way you have something submitted

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom