• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

J & S Gun Sales
    I built this thing last year and have not had much susccess with it. Ran at times, burst at times, semi at times on FA. TIRED of fooling with it

Any AR licensed smith who wants the job please email at

Wanted to try here before I go nationwide and keep the money here. Looking for a quick turnaround time

Thanks

Jack

jackguns@atlanticbb.net

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Try John at Duffy's. He will quote you about a month but it may be faster than that. He was worked on MP5s, Thompsons and all sorts of other things. Are you trying to get a DIAS to work or is this a RR gun? Or a lightning link?

AK-47

Feb 2, 2008
    I recently contacted Duffy's and spoke to John on the phone. I needed to have the muzzle threads on my newly acquired FAL cleaned up since I didn't have the die to do it at the time. I asked iJohn if he could help out. He said if he had built the rifle it wouldn't have had any issues to begin with. He then said he had no time to work on it because of other job obligations. I said thanks and moved on. I fixed it myself.

Good luck with your M16.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    I built this thing last year and have not had much susccess with it. Ran at times, burst at times, semi at times on FA. TIRED of fooling with it

Any AR licensed smith who wants the job please email at

Wanted to try here before I go nationwide and keep the money here. Looking for a quick turnaround time

Thanks

Jack

jackguns@atlanticbb.net

I'm no gunsmith, but it sounds like timing issues with the auto sear or carrier bounce.

1. Is this a registered receiver (RR), registered drop-in auto sear (RDIAS), or registered lightning link (RLL)?

2. If it's a RR, is it an original Colt or some other converted receiver from another company? Sometimes the conversions before the 1986 deadline were done kind of crappy. The sear pin was positioned a bit too high and caused issues with the carrier.

3. What's the length of the barrel and gas tube?

5. Are you using a carbine buffer/tube or a full length rifle buffer/tube?

6. Have you tried other full auto bolt carriers?

Cheers!

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    I am a ceritified armorer for Colt AR15/M16, but I am rather far from you..........

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Where in CC are you located? I may have a RR and a Smith revolver that need some work.

Jack

J & S Gun Sales
    I'm no gunsmith, but it sounds like timing issues with the auto sear or carrier bounce.

1. Is this a registered receiver (RR), registered drop-in auto sear (RDIAS), or registered lightning link (RLL)?

2. If it's a RR, is it an original Colt or some other converted receiver from another company? Sometimes the conversions before the 1986 deadline were done kind of crappy. The sear pin was positioned a bit too high and caused issues with the carrier.

3. What's the length of the barrel and gas tube?

5. Are you using a carbine buffer/tube or a full length rifle buffer/tube?

6. Have you tried other full auto bolt carriers?

Cheers!

This is a company build using 16" barrel and standard Ar 15 type gas tube. As for buffers I have tried light to H3 and in between. tried different everything. always ends up with a light primer hit on the stoppage. Tried different uppers, tried different return springs, heavier hammer spring, collapsible and full stock, Jp ent. adj gas block, etc. etc. etc. It just don't like me if it had not emptied mags a couple times I would suspect I drilled the hole wrong and I may have. Jigs have a tendency to move at the wrong time but then it would not fire FA at all. tried numerous mags, best ammo, ah, just kills meLOL. I can try to make 30 more. lower receivers are 49.00 on sale

Thanks for chiming in!!

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    This is a company build using 16" barrel and standard Ar 15 type gas tube. As for buffers I have tried light to H3 and in between. tried different everything. always ends up with a light primer hit on the stoppage. Tried different uppers, tried different return springs, heavier hammer spring, collapsible and full stock, Jp ent. adj gas block, etc. etc. etc. It just don't like me if it had not emptied mags a couple times I would suspect I drilled the hole wrong and I may have. Jigs have a tendency to move at the wrong time but then it would not fire FA at all. tried numerous mags, best ammo, ah, just kills meLOL. I can try to make 30 more. lower receivers are 49.00 on sale

Thanks for chiming in!!

In my opinion, you need to determine if it's the auto sear engagement or something else. I would completely remove the auto sear and maybe even the rest of the FCG, to make sure it's not binding up on the disconnector. Then mag dump it a bunch of times on semi-auto and see if you have ANY problems as described before. Some of you may balk at this idea, but if you have access to a bump stock, load up five 30rnd mags and dump them. If you have no problems it's something with the auto sear engagement. Also check out the selector to make sure it has the proper surface and height to push up the auto sear.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    .... I would suspect I drilled the hole wrong and I may have. Jigs have a tendency to move at the wrong time but then it would not fire FA at all. tried numerous mags, best ammo, ah, just kills meLOL. I can try to make 30 more. lower receivers are 49.00 on sale

Who's jig are you using? I hear several out there are great for screwing up hole positions.

Jack

J & S Gun Sales
    I sent it on over to South Carroll Sporting goods to Brian. I used the one from FTF. Their AK jig works great. This Ar jig is not all that great. It can slide on you, it can cant. If that drill bit touches the jig at any time you just as well stop and reset it. It is held in place by a bolt going through the selector switch hole and a washer and nut on the other side. Too tight and you will crack your receiver. If I do another one it will be with another type jig that's for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom