• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsnider22

Feb 3, 2012
    Walkersville, MD
    I just got my stamp back for my first SBR, it's going to be a 11.5" AR. My plan was to put an adjustable gas block on because my understanding is most SBR's have issues being over gassed. My question is am I better off using a heavy buffer like an H3 and then adjusting the gas block or go light on the buffer and adjusting the block. Not sure if it makes a difference but I think I'm set on a Daniel Defense barrel.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I have a DD MK18 Upper (10.5" Barrel). I just used a Spikes T2 buffer and it runs without a hitch. I did the same thing when I had my 7.5".

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Might want to look into a piston system like an Adam Arms upper receiver. I have their 7.5" on one of my SBR's and when running a suppressor, that upper has significantly less gas blow back then some of my DI SBR's. Just something to think about.

Boonie Hat

Jan 2, 2013
    Baltimore County, MD, USA
    I'm running a carbine spring and H buffer on my mk18 (10.3 DD barrel) and it functions without a hitch. No adjustable gas block though since it's a mod 0. Depending on your needs (suppressed/unsuppressed), you could run a variety of buffer weights and be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom