Votes: 2 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    300 firearms in there for repairs and custom work. On average EACH firearm takes Scott (Or Myself) 3 hours.

Scott is the only Smith unless I come in to assist. Theres 60 hours in his work week. 20 of those hours are spend talking to customers on the phone and at the counter about the job they are dropping off. On busy days he may end up at the counter all day selling guns or answering questions.

That leaves 40 hours of productive time per week. Then you have administrative stuff like Bank Runs, Balancing the Books, Ordering Parts for firearms hes servicing. Take away 5 more hours.

Lets say he still has 35 hours of bench time each week after all the "wasteful" time is accounted for. At 3 hours per gun on average thats 16 guns a week. Thats 64 guns a month.

There are GENEROUS #'s considering the attention into detail Scott puts into a weapon.

Think about it.

No harm ment , I did think about it. Im glad they have the job security of a backlog. With that type of demand and with the jobless situation there should be folks coming out of the schools to fill some of the void. I know its a small shop and only been in once. Dont know them and wish all the best for them. Seems there is a lack of Smiths in general.
    Maybe thats my next career calling! Peace

Tapatalk is crashing crap

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Thanks

I picked up my brothers shotgun from Scotts that was being fixed from my brothers idiot handywork. Chad rethreaded the (no idea what its called). The thread job is almost a mirror finish. Very impressive work and always very fair pricing. Thanks everyone at Scotts!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Scotts told me there was a 6 month wait for work. Hows that?

Tapatalk is crashing crap

300 firearms in there for repairs and custom work. On average EACH firearm takes Scott (Or Myself) 3 hours.

Scott is the only Smith unless I come in to assist. Theres 60 hours in his work week. 20 of those hours are spend talking to customers on the phone and at the counter about the job they are dropping off. On busy days he may end up at the counter all day selling guns or answering questions.

That leaves 40 hours of productive time per week. Then you have administrative stuff like Bank Runs, Balancing the Books, Ordering Parts for firearms hes servicing. Take away 5 more hours.

Lets say he still has 35 hours of bench time each week after all the "wasteful" time is accounted for. At 3 hours per gun on average thats 16 guns a week. Thats 64 guns a month.

There are GENEROUS #'s considering the attention into detail Scott puts into a weapon.

Think about it.

Dowagiac

S&W Member
    Aug 3, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    Picked up my Glock 30 today. The trigger job is great, nice clean break and I love the new night sights. As always Chad does great work. Thank again.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    If honest counts, you can count on Scott and Chad. Both characters. Both solid citizens and dam good 'smiths. If ya want it fixed, right, the first time, take it to Scott's.

I'd let lots of folks fix a nail in my tire. I'm damned particular about who touches my weapons.

Thanks guys.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    High Praise for Scott's!!!

I bought one of the sigma 9mm they had on special. Process was painless and the gun was in great shape. I had a small issue with it when I first tried it out at the range. They took it, fixed the problem lickety split with new parts and cleaned the poo out of it for no charge. They stand behind what they sell and are a joy to deal with.:party29:

Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    I picked up yesterday a rifle and an upper Scott worked on. The jobs were done with perfection. I also left the country for two weeks, and thus sent Scott a letter with details on the jobs in case he had questions during my absence. The letter was in the rifle case, showing that he is organized and that he followed-up on it. I met Scott's shop last year and every time I have been there it has been an excellent experience. THANK YOU SCOTT.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Thanks Scott

I stopped by the shop yesterday to have a rifle repaired. (Semi-Auto Thompson) One thing about Scott and his crew, they have integrity. This rifle has a damaged barrel that will require replacement but it's not a run of the mill gun. Scott told me he could take care of it but that he would most likely send it back to the manufacture since it required special tools. The tools wouldn't be worth buying since it is not a rifle they see very often. In other words it would be cheaper for me to send it in myself and cut out the middle man.

Scott thank you for your honesty. Most shop owners would have said sure we can take care of that for you. Then sent it in for repair and called me when it was back in the shop. Only adding shipping and a mark up to the work done by the manufacture.

I will continue to send friends and customers your way. Oh and thanks for the Urban Broom. My wife has already claimed it for the upcoming Zombie Apocalypse.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I just stopped by Scott's to have my brand new Beretta 92FS stripped of all its plastic parts to be swapped for metal replacements.

There's a 6 week +/- wait for handguns at the moment.
    I took that to be a good sign; like a busy restaurant.

batucaj

Josh
    Sep 30, 2013
    Awesome store

I purchased my first rifle from them and never looked back. Each one of my firearms have came from scotts. very knowledgeable and great customer service.

kc day

MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2008
    Scotts is always first class and the most knowledgeable place to go. Larry is the best, really.

tosainu1

May 10, 2005
    Bowie Md
    Friend's bad experience with Scott's Gunsmithing

Have a friend named Donald who brought an Fr-8 there for extractor work and they made him wait super long, when he would call they would give him the run around and never did get the firearm fixed for him. Very poor customer service...

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    If there is a problem at Scott's, I'd have to hear both sides of the story.

I had a problem with a shotgun I bought at Dicks. I happened to see his sign, gunsmithing, took it in and Scott fixed it in two minutes. He wouldn't even take any money for it, so I told him when I bought my next gun it would be from him. Well that was about 15 years ago. And I've bought a bunch from him. NEVER a problem. Thank God I saw his sign years ago.

Scott is THE man, and the staff is first class. Thanks Scott for being there.:)

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I just called them about my Beretta and they're just getting to it now.
    I was in no hurry so no problem.

Feb 28, 2013
    Scott's talents must be in VERY high demand. I had an upper there for a LONG time that he wasn't able to get to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom