• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apr 15, 2013
    Open for registration!

Thusday, August 14 at Annapolis's Anne Arundel Fish & Game, 8:30a.

Appleseed Maryland is currently exploring the feasibility of holding shoots on weekdays.

We would like to make the program available to people who have a difficult time making it out to shoot with us on weekends. We would especially like to encourage law enforcement and firefighters to come out, but we will enthusiastically welcome anyone to join us.

For the immediate future, midweek shoots would be held at our home range in MD, Anne Arundel Fish & Game near Annapolis. They will likely be one day events, starting at 8:30a and ending around 4 or 5 in the afternoon. But if there is demand for more, we will grow the program as we can to accommodate it!

This also includes private events. If you can get ten people together from your shop, shift, squad, company, club, or local pub who want to do an Appleseed, let us know!

So, we are looking to gauge and build interest. Would a weekday Appleseed be of interest to you, or anyone you know?

See you on the line!

Last edited:

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I would be interested in a weekday event. It is difficult to cut out time on the weekends.

Edit: Any week day except Tuesday - Tuesday is out.

Last edited:

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Yes. I always wanted to attend one of these but my schedule mostly has me working through the traditional weekend days.

FFJim

Apr 27, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    MostlyHarmless,

I would support a weekday Appleseed event. Wonder if day of week matters? For those answering up, maybe you could tell us if one day is better than others or no preference.

Thanks to everyone who provides feedback.

MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    While I might not be able to take advantage of a midweek event, the idea of reaching out to shooters who can't make a weekend is a great idea!

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Weekday......Weekday. Nobody does that.

Ah man Im so excited. Some of us have to work weekends or have other kid activities on the weekends.

Yes weekday yes.

Wednesday or Thursdays work for me but adding something to the schedule during the week is alot easier then doing it on the weekends.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I would be interested in a weekday event. Saturdays are tough - lots of activities with the kids. Any weekday would be fine.

Apr 15, 2013
    Weekday......Weekday. Nobody does that.

Yeah, we had noticed that also- so we're going to give it a try.

The process is underway for our first one day midweek shoot later this summer. We hope to be able to announce the date shortly. I will post it here, just as soon as we can make it official.

Apr 15, 2013
    It's on!

Maryland's first ever weekday Appleseed will be on Thusday, August 14 at AAF&G. See above for a link for registration.

Hope to see you all on the line!

Patchin1972

Apr 11, 2013
    I'm signed up for the 14 August Appleseed. I hope to see my scores improve from my first Appleseed event. This is definitely worth using a vacation day for this event.

FFJim

Apr 27, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    Thanks to all of those who have signed up for the mid-week Project Appleseed event on Thursday August 14th in Annapolis. We really hope this pilot event will get some traction and help the program grow.

*** A request to all of the Project Appleseed alumni out there on MD Shooters!!! Please spread the word to friends and co-workers who might be interested. Our initial thoughts were that this might appeal to many folks including those who work shift work such as LEOs and Fire Dept.

Event information and registration is available at:

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=MD&statename=Maryland

THANKS!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom