• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nrcrock69

Jun 4, 2013
    I searched & found a thread from 2010 but nothing more recent. I need to submit some form 1's & a 4 and would love to know if theres a HoCo sheriff or heads of HCPD that would sign. I'm new to the class 3 stuff & have almost no extra time to go to riesterstown m-f from 10am-2pm.

Any info would be much apreatiated

nrcrock69

Jun 4, 2013
    :lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:in Howard County. Good luck with that. Are you sure they even let you own firearms there:sad20:

Yeah to bad I live in the HoCo part of mt airy. If I were 3-5 miles north or west I'd be in Carroll or Frederick. The things I didn't know when I bought my first home 10 yrs ago @ the ripe old age of 24!!!

Rumnhammer

Mar 2, 2013
    cleo

Unless you happen to be close friends with a local police chief, in Maryland, all cleo approvals go through the MSP headquarters. They will require separate finger print cards as well as a check for $18 for each form. I did this two years ago and at that time the wait was 6 weeks, I have no idea how long it takes now.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Unless you happen to be close friends with a local police chief, in Maryland, all cleo approvals go through the MSP headquarters. They will require separate finger print cards as well as a check for $18 for each form. I did this two years ago and at that time the wait was 6 weeks, I have no idea how long it takes now.

They now require you to do Livescan instead of a separate ink card. The $18 fee is paid to the company doing the Livescan, not MSP. You must bring the Livescan receipt to MSP when you drop off the forms for approval.

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick

I don't know Sheriff Jenkins and he signed off on mine. I did not have to do any extra fingerprinting or pay a fee. There is also inked fingerprinting done in their front office too for your FBI cards. Received my signed forms in the mail within a few days. Essentially, you are boned if you live in the Democrat-controlled territories and must go through MSP.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    They now require you to do Livescan instead of a separate ink card. The $18 fee is paid to the company doing the Livescan, not MSP. You must bring the Livescan receipt to MSP when you drop off the forms for approval.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

Virtued86

Mar 1, 2012
    Fallston
    My dad is a HOCO deputy sheriff with 30+ years in HOCO law enforcement and he told me good luck getting my forms signed off threw the county. So I would say the MSP is your best bet but I hear they are about a 5 month turn around. I just went the trust way to avoid the problem.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County

You just made that up. CLEO doesn't even have to be police, it can be judges, SA, etc.

From the ATF website:

Q: What law enforcement officials’ certifications on an application to transfer or make an NFA weapon are acceptable to ATF?
    As provided by regulations, certifications by the local chief of police, sheriff of the county, head of the State police, or State or local district attorney or prosecutor are acceptable. The regulations also provide that certifications of other officials are appropriate if found in a particular case to be acceptable to the Director. Examples of other officials who have been accepted in specific situations include State attorneys general and judges of State courts having authority to conduct jury trials in felony cases.
    [27 CFR 479.63 and 479.85]

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    For my Swiss Arms 553P SBR - Submitted paperwork, lives scan etc. to MSP in late June, got sign off and envelope back in early October. Then filed along w fingerprints and $200 check to BATFE in mid October, saw my check had been processed by BATFE In early November ... Now just in the waiting process again...this time it's the long waiting game.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    You just made that up. CLEO doesn't even have to be police, it can be judges, SA, etc.

From the ATF website:

Q: What law enforcement officials’ certifications on an application to transfer or make an NFA weapon are acceptable to ATF?
    As provided by regulations, certifications by the local chief of police, sheriff of the county, head of the State police, or State or local district attorney or prosecutor are acceptable. The regulations also provide that certifications of other officials are appropriate if found in a particular case to be acceptable to the Director. Examples of other officials who have been accepted in specific situations include State attorneys general and judges of State courts having authority to conduct jury trials in felony cases.
    [27 CFR 479.63 and 479.85]
    Wish I knew a Sheriff or district attny in Howard County that would.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom