Just got a new stock for one of my 10/22s
    HTA 90/22 bullpup

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      99.7 KB · Views: 591

sunjester

Apr 3, 2013
    Ran 200 rounds Thru it on Friday had one FTF.just had to adjust the mag.
    Changing the mag requires a little getting use to.

As for the fit and finish of the kit. It was really good took me about 30 min to assemble with no headaches.

Trigger has ok feedback and two safety's but is not drop safe. You need to have the stock safety on for that.

Charging handle is great.

Weight is about 7.5 lb with loaded mag.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    I was looking at these yesterday on their website. Looks like it would be fun to shoot, but I would have to buy a 10/22 (have one, but it has a ton of upgrades) and then the stock.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Congrats. I signed up for the news letter last year November and now my number is up for ordering as they sent me an Email. I bought my 10/22 in December just for this.

sunjester

Apr 3, 2013
    Congrats. I signed up for the news letter last year November and now my number is up for ordering as they sent me an Email. I bought my 10/22 in December just for this.

don't even remember when I signed up.
    but I think you will love the kit

Leviathan

Jun 14, 2012
    Do you even need to buy a full 10/22 for this or could you just get the parts of one? I wanted to get a ruger just for this project or the zk-22 but I was also thinking of upgrading it to a bull barrel. Would it just be simpler and cheaper to buy the bull barrel and trigger assembly, or just buy the rifle/stock and then upgrade later?

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    don't even remember when I signed up.
    but I think you will love the kit

I spoke to Andy a few times and he let me know that the kit uses weapons grade plastic which is what sold me not to mention the rest of the kit is high quality.

Most of the other conversions for the 10/22 including the RJ looks like toys but finally there is a kit that looks like the real deal.

Last edited:

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Do you even need to buy a full 10/22 for this or could you just get the parts of one? I wanted to get a ruger just for this project or the zk-22 but I was also thinking of upgrading it to a bull barrel. Would it just be simpler and cheaper to buy the bull barrel and trigger assembly, or just buy the rifle/stock and then upgrade later?

You could buy a custom receiver and go from there with all custom parts but that would be the expensive rout. The 10/22 is already inexpensive so just get the cheapest one you can buy and this kit.

I thought about getting a bull barrel but it's not necessary if using a red dot because the factory barrel is more accurate then you. Also it would be wise to keep the weight down as much as possible.

I say invest in lighter trigger parts, optics and whatever modifications HTA comes out with.

Leviathan

Jun 14, 2012
    Thanks, I'll take your advice and do just that. Signed up a few weeks ago, I hope they get to me soon.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Hopefully they will get to you soon. I ordered mine at 11:30 AM today and it's already in the mail with an expected date of Saturday.
    I never had a faster turnaround and I will give you guys my impression of the kit.
    Supposedly the quality of the plastic is better then Magpul products.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    My kit has arrived and I just got done putting it together. The quality of the polymer is better then Magpul and I would even rate it slightly higher then HK plastic.

Solid as a rock is the best way to describe the finished product and it's exactly what I was expecting so I'm satisfied. The 90/22 feels like a real gun and what I mean by that is it feels like a larger caliber gun.

If I were to be critical I would say there is one of those round spot remnants at the rear end of the stock you often see in injection molding. Also a turbulence blemish from where the mold pattern was injected. If those two items were gone then it would be a masterpiece cosmetically but I will trade that any day for the overkill of what went into this.

My previous .22 was the Umarex HK .22 which at the time I thought was nice but it was built on cheap metal and one drop would damage it. My brother-in-law owns the Sig 522 which is nice but this is better.

I sill need to shoot to evaluate it further but so far I think this is a great match for the 10/22. If I were to hand this gun to someone they would have no idea Ruger guts were in it.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I finally got around to taking a picture of mine. I'm going to the range Saturday to sight it in and then Sunday I'm going to see what it does in at pistol steel shoot.

2cc99c52-4857-4fc0-9533-d9eb5b54df47.jpg

Leviathan

Jun 14, 2012
    Was yours the standard model 10/22? I read how some of the other models like the takedown and talo tactical wont work because of barrel length.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Was yours the standard model 10/22? I read how some of the other models like the takedown and talo tactical wont work because of barrel length.

I just have a standard 10/22. I have heard the takedown will not work.
    As far as barrel length goes you need to make sure the barrel you get is not shorter then 171/4 inches and the over all length of the gun is not shorter then 26 inches. The stock Ruger 10/22 guts has some room to spare so no worries.

The stock trigger on the Ruger is terrible and that is going to be the first thing to have upgraded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom