Adoption Home Study/2A: Anybody Have Experiences?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I just found a pic of when you were adopted.

baby-toupees.jpeg

Why it's so cold in here??

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    My dad didn't find out until his psych. evaluation for his Army security clearance. Psych. asks- and how do you feel about being adopted? Dad says- huh, whaaa? Three day pass. Go home. Talk to your folks.

In addition to this, he later told me....
    He was adopted at birth by a Sicilian couple who at some point had to give him up and go back to Sicily for a few years. Got adopted again (and given a different first and last name). Was given up again. Was readopted by original people for good. He grew up thinking that if your parents were tired of you, they could give you to someone else. What a mind fark to grow up with! You adopt that child and make them your own. Good or bad.

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    Sgt Preston here...

I can speak from the other side...

I was adopted at 5 days old in 1944...

I was always told that I was adopted...

My adopted parents died many years ago...

They loved me, treated me very well & I had a great life...

Nothing but good things to say...
    I'll also agree with this- I was bought (that's how I've referred to it) when I was about 10 days old. Knew I was adopted for as long as I can remember.
    Went to work one day when I was 17, unintentionally and unexpectedly met my biological family; this is a story for a meet up, not a public forum. I do keep regular contact with my biological family. (Half brother mostly)And the nature/nurture argument is very interesting in my case.

I've since lost my adoptive mother ("My Mother") and my dad is still doing his thing and I see him regularly.

I wish you luck with your goal and may you be a great parent for a great kid.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Sgt Preston here...

I can speak from the other side...

I was adopted at 5 days old in 1944...

I was always told that I was adopted...

My adopted parents died many years ago...

They loved me, treated me very well & I had a great life...

Nothing but good things to say...

Same story here. Adopted at 3 days old in 1971.
    That is awesome that everything worked out well for you guys!

We have fostered our 2-1/2 year old daughter off-on since she was born and were were there at the hospital the day she was born. We have a post-adoption agreement with her birth-mother, share photos, and allow quarterly supervised visitations.

juan_galto

This is my user title
    Oct 23, 2011
    All:

Thank you for your very informative and thoughtful responses. To those who offered to talk, I will be sending you a PM with my info.

A bit about us: We reside in Sykesville, so I'm hoping that we might lessen the odds of an activist, but in this state that's never a guarantee. We do have a large safe, but it's in the open in one of the rooms, not tucked away--no hiding it during a home study.

Regarding honesty and leaving firearms at a friend's house. I don't think I can mislead if directly asked -- i know it could go easier, but i just don't think i could be dishonest about something i fundamentally believe in, even if the dishonesty is for so large a reward. I do have one friend i could leave them with in good conscience, though my safe would look pretty suspect -- a lot of room for the leftovers...

Thanks again, everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom