• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Democrats love mass transit, except the part about disclosing the cost for repairs needed to prevent explosions and electrical arcing that will burn you alive.

Thank you Jamie Raskin.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Yep. Exactly.

When the Metro was being planned and built, I do remember that they emphasized and crowed about one item of future maintenance: The concrete surface in all the stations has a protectant that graffiti won't adhere to, so they'd never have to worry about unsightly graffiti like other systems. That was pushed as a big maintenance plus.

What foresight!

A clean system that won't run, and your last moments on earth in a subway fire won't be cluttered by graffiti on the walls.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    And I seem to recall one of the METRO-critical bloggers exposing some really despicable financial hanky-panky by the ATU Local leadership over the years. Like the husband and wife team that's running the store (and [probably still skimming the till) now. I think the name was Unsuck METRO or something similar. He also exposed and crucified WMATA leadership and their PR muppet mouthpiece over the non-functioning heating/cooling, the perennially broken escalator scandal and the endless daily delays. He went silent a couple of years ago - probably had a stroke.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    Even if it's just 10 bucks here and there, folks should contribute to the R candidates, and request yard signs!

If the opportunity presents itself, getting out and going door to door for a campaign is also beneficial.

Dan Cox won the Republican Primary. He received an A+ rating from MSI.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Any of you potential 8th District constituents in Carroll County who received today's e-mail about Obama's edict on transgender public school bathrooms contacted Jamie Raskin to see what his position is? He ought to announce whether he's with the President or not, on the record.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    Any of you potential 8th District constituents in Carroll County who received today's e-mail about Obama's edict on transgender public school bathrooms contacted Jamie Raskin to see what his position is? He ought to announce whether he's with the President or not, on the record.

I just sent him an email about it. We'll see if he replies.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    Not a bad response time from him. His position is clear:

I was the floor leader in the Maryland Senate for the Fairness for all Marylanders Act, which established rights of equal accommodation, fair housing, and employment non-discrimination for trans-gender individuals, and so I am very supportive of the Administration’s position. Please let me know if you want any more explanation. I know it’s a tough issue for a lot of people! All best, Jamie

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

I was the floor leader in the Maryland Senate for the Fairness for all Marylanders Act, which established rights of equal accommodation, fair housing, and employment non-discrimination for trans-gender individuals, and so I am very supportive of the Administration’s position. Please let me know if you want any more explanation. I know it’s a tough issue for a lot of people! All best, Jamie

No surprise there.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I was the floor leader in the Maryland Senate for the Fairness for all Marylanders Act, which established rights of equal accommodation, fair housing, and employment non-discrimination for trans-gender individuals. . . .
    I know it’s a tough issue for a lot of people!

Gee, what's the ratio of trans-gendered to 2A-disenfranchised, Jamie? How about a little fairness for the rest of us? I know it's a tough issue for you.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

1. Fairness for all Marylanders? All? Nope.
    2. "Tough issue"? WTH does he mean by that? How is it "tough"? What's the issue? What does he know, and why does he think fairness is "tough" if it's only fair? Fairness should be easy, not tough, right, Jamie? How dam*ed condescending and patronizing. The implication is that those who disagree aren't fair. And it's "tough" for them to accept fairness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom