• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Doesn't matter how long it takes the interviewer to forward the paperwork. You will not see a permit in your mailbox until right on the 90 day after applying deadline.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DadOSix

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 25, 2013
    Allegany Co.
    I took MomOSix along to the barrack on interview day since we had to travel out of county. I let my trooper doing the interview know that she was along. He asked her if she would mind him asking a few questions.

They finished quickly and we were on our way. Still took 95 days from application date to receive the permit.

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    They have 90 days, BUT..if they require more, they can go pass it as it was in my case..and you're choices then are to either wait, or take it to the board or the Superintendent of MSP..I chose to wait, did what they asked and got it..

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Status update...got a call from the Licensing Division about six weeks ago, they indicated it was favorable...but I haven't seen a permit yet. At my interview, I was told that MSP had 90 working days, which worked out to the end of August.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    The person that interviewed me and my wife at the Licensing Division in Pikesville, said the only reason she asked us to come in for a face to face interview was so she "could look at us to see if we looked crazy".

Wow! She's good. She should be working at a psychiatric hospital somewhere.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Did my interview last week. I asked when did the 90 day count begin. His reply was "who said 90 days?" He said 5-6 months from the completion of the investigation.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I'm applying, got a call to set up an interview. Any advice? My main argument is:
    a. DOD employee
    b. High security clearance
    c. OPM data breach
    d. Work at Pax River (location targeted by ISIS)
    e. Involved in testing of unmanned aircraft
    f. Publicly associated with unmanned aviation (professional papers going as far back as the late 1990s)

I know that your interview is over (good luck), so this response is for others, based on my own personal experience:
    First: Do your up most to be civil and completely professional. The officer may well be highly sympathetic to you. And if he is not, you have lost nothing by being professional. Have a conversational tone.
    Second: Bring documentation of the ISIS threat in Maryland. As much as you can find on the Internet and elsewhere. Make it part of the record and keep a copy.
    Third: Ask for an unrestricted permit on grounds that you are a presumed risk occupation. Use those words. The threat to you is from terrorism. Which will / can happen where ever you happen to be.
    Fourth: Be sure to ask for written explanation if, for some reason, your application is denied or if the permit is restricted. You have right to that under MSP regs. which you should cite and remind them of (copy attached):
    COMAR: 29.03.02.08
    .08 Issuance and Denial.
    A. In accordance with Public Safety Article, §5-306(a), Annotated Code of Maryland, the Secretary shall issue a permit or provide a written denial of the application within a reasonable time after receiving a properly completed application.
    B. A properly completed application must satisfy all the requirements prescribed by the Secretary.
    C. A written denial provided by the Secretary shall contain the reasons the application was denied and a statement of the applicant’s appeal rights.
    D. The Secretary may limit the geographic area, circumstances, or times of the day, week, month, or year in which a permit is valid or effective.

Attachments

• 29.03.02.08.pdf
      51.1 KB · Views: 135

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    dbledoc I hope you're guy is wrong class instructor did advise us that interview persons info may likely be in accurate

I am hoping so. He says their case load has doubled since January and they have not been given more resources to get the cases cleared.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I belive Dbldoc that he accurately quoted what was told to him in person.

Whether that statement conforms with COMAR , or if MSP cares, is seperate conversation.

eachurch1972

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 27, 2015
    Communist Republic
    Did my interview last week. I asked when did the 90 day count begin. His reply was "who said 90 days?" He said 5-6 months from the completion of the investigation.

Are you flipping serious? 5-6 months for a damn handgun permit? That is just plum ridiculous on so many levels. Come on, 90 days is way to much time in my humble opinion. If it is truly taking them 5-6 months well, something is seriously wrong with that entire "operation" my friends. They need to fire, replace and start over.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Are you flipping serious? 5-6 months for a damn handgun permit? That is just plum ridiculous on so many levels. Come on, 90 days is way to much time in my humble opinion. If it is truly taking them 5-6 months well, something is seriously wrong with that entire "operation" my friends. They need to fire, replace and start over.

Easy there big boy, their volume hasn't gone up that much and in all appearances they have been staying under 90 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom