• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Hmmm. Might be different since the silencer shoot was expected to use subsonic ammunition so people could shoot without hearing protection?

We had MDShooter events there but the range was still open. So it was more like everyone just agreed to show up and pay the range fee on the same day.

I can certainly try again. It would be mostly Class 3. Machine guns allowed there? Full Auto and may they would let us shoot for 30 min to 1 hour suppressed only?

Machine gun rentals allowed if Class 3 dealer brings MGs to rent?

Dave

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I can certainly try again. It would be mostly Class 3. Machine guns allowed there? Full Auto and may they would let us shoot for 30 min to 1 hour suppressed only?

Machine gun rentals allowed if Class 3 dealer brings MGs to rent?

Dave

Very NFA friendly. Last time I was there were shooting up a car with all kinds of machine guns. Probably wouldn't let you do a dedicated time for suppressors, but I have no affiliation with the range, just been there a couple times.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Very NFA friendly. Last time I was there were shooting up a car with all kinds of machine guns. Probably wouldn't let you do a dedicated time for suppressors, but I have no affiliation with the range, just been there a couple times.

Will give them a call again and run it by them. Worse they can say is No again.

Dave

Zeke isn't going to close down during a regular day for this. There are people that drive a good distance to shoot there and it isn't like there's a 'what's happening at dsc' to let them know. What you need to do is ask him to move it into an late evening/night shoot. That will make it just your group and he might be more amiable. He and his neighbors will be happier about the suppressor use. Make sure to set an end time of like 9-10.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Zeke isn't going to close down during a regular day for this. There are people that drive a good distance to shoot there and it isn't like there's a 'what's happening at dsc' to let them know. What you need to do is ask him to move it into an late evening/night shoot. That will make it just your group and he might be more amiable. He and his neighbors will be happier about the suppressor use. Make sure to set an end time of like 9-10.

Was not going to ask him to shut anything down for this. Just use some of the lanes or part of the range for this. Other folks not wanting to join in can go to another part of the range and use that. We discussed that part before. The only hang up last time was not being able to shoot suppressed while others shot unsuppressed. Would like to make the shoot during the day.

Will discuss it with him and stop out to the range. Will see what comes to be. Wish I had the property I would just have it there but I only have 5 acres and shoot suppressed so I don't bother the neighbors.

Dave

AK-47

Feb 2, 2008
    It would be worth the trip. IMO I for one would be in but I don't think my SBR stamp will back in time let alone applying for interstate transfer paperwork....

I drove to Snode's Mellon Farm in Malvern, OH back in the day for a few Bulletfest events........... GREAT TIMES!

WV is nothing and not all that far.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I get it that you have a WV venue , and are working backwards from there.

Wild speculating , but it would seem this would only work out if going small ( semi- private get together of friends ) , or went really large ( one day mini- Knob Creek ) drawing participants from all northeast and midwest.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I get it that you have a WV venue , and are working backwards from there.

Wild speculating , but it would seem this would only work out if going small ( semi- private get together of friends ) , or went really large ( one day mini- Knob Creek ) drawing participants from all northeast and midwest.

Yeah I hear you. We are actually trying this out for MD, VA, WV, OH, and PA folks. SO our hope is to draw a big crown and eventually get like a mini Knob Creek.

Looking for good shooters boards for the other states to post this on.

Dave

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    I can go shoot nfa at dsc all I want. And it's less than 2 hours away. JMO.

So I guess chalk that up as one vote in the "no interest for WV" column.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Yeah I hear you. We are actually trying this out for MD, VA, WV, OH, and PA folks. SO our hope is to draw a big crown and eventually get like a mini Knob Creek.

Looking for good shooters boards for the other states to post this on.

Dave

When you finalize everything, we can post to our Facebook Page. Just let me know!

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    Yep. Tried a silencer shoot with them. He said if members showed up to shoot we would have to stop and let them. Did not want to interfere with paying members. I tried to explain how it works and how they would be able to shoot as well but, he was not interested in that.

Dave

something is up there, I have seen them shut down one pistol range for outside private training.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?

he can shut down on a tuesday morning, and if no one shows, carry it into the afternoon. plenty of off days I spent at DSC ad I was the only shooter there for 6-7 hours.

Indeed, I've done it too. However, it's luck of the draw to be there on your own and I doubt the shoot would be scheduled for a weekday.

I was just thinking of a timeframe that DSC would be willing to be open to make money and yet closed to the non-suppressed shooting crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom