• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    In researching shotguns prior to the York event, I found arguements for both styles of sights. It depends on the intended use. Ghost ring sights will give you more precision but will cost you time. Ghost rings will be better for a slug intensive match but will slow you down for stages not needing precision. Personally I haven't tried GR's on a shotgun, so I don't know how/if they slow you down. Since I am already incredibly slow, I don't need granny shuffling past me on the shotgun stages.

That makes good sense all around. I have a 870 express with the gr sights and I really like it, but for the three gun I just tried (and really enjoyed), semi seemed the way to go for the most part. I do want to take you up on your offer soon. Not sure if I really need to run out and get a semi right now, but if the right deal to buy or trade my pump in came around I would like to be better versed on the semi sg's out there.

Ttys, and thanks for the info and offer :)

stever

Jan 7, 2009
    harford county
    How many rounds have you shot through it so far? I only have like 300 shells total through my SPX and I wonder if there is a point where it just needs to be cleaned.

I have around 75 birdshot and 13 slugs through her. She was clean prior to the ten slugs I ran to check POI before York. It only happened on stage 7. No problems the rest of the day. Maybe it was user error, I dunno. It only cost me a few seconds to clear the two rounds. I try not to let her run dry and failed both times. Running dry requires an extra step (release the bolt) due to the lift gate not allowing rounds into the mag tube when the bolt is back. It was still an awesome stage for me despite the small hiccup. Seeing steel drop like dominos is incredible to say the least.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    Well look what I found...
    20120722_135118.jpg

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    And I'm assuming ya bought it! Wanna share where ya got it? And if they have more? I'm in my car now!

I bought it on the net at Palmetto State Armoury and had it shipped to my dealer. All said and done it was less than $600 out the door with the transfer but they are sold out. It was kind of a hassle to deal with them though.

stever

Jan 7, 2009
    harford county
    Nice find! Glad to see they are selling well. I think Mossberg did a great job putting this together at that price. It certainly helped with my speed. I am going through some falling steel withdraw. I need to fix that!

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    I'm really impressed with it so far, though admittedly I haven't fired it yet. The trigger over travel stop should help with the speed.

The one thing I will say is that I had a GGG replacement mag tube follower in my SPX that I tried to put in the JMPro and it kept getting hung up on the tube extension so I put the stock follower back in place. I only had the GGG for the sake of being bright red but it wasn't really any easier to see so not really a loss but still kind of curious.

Also using dummy rounds to test out my reloading I'm still getting my thumb caught on the lifter sometimes. I wish someone made an aftermarket welded lifter I could just swap out.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    My mag tube extension is sensitive to torque. When I reassemble, I always test feed with dummy rounds before I attach the barrel clamp.

That right there is why I don't like barrel clamps. I'm tempted to just take it off. The clamps rarely add anything, I'm half way convinced it's there for style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom