• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jan 4, 2013
    Hello all,
    I recently lost my job in the IT industry, and am searching for another. I am excellent in trouble shooting and have had experience in a call center environment. I posses a Bachelor degree and am beginning a Master degree on September 11th. I am excellent at my positions and put my everything into a job, does not matter what it is that I am doing. ( I was raised that if I am going to do it, to do it the best I can, Something missing in society today )
    I Live in Western MD and would be willing to travel to Fredrick, or nearby if the pay was enough to cover bills and gas. I am not just looking for a temp position or a job, but somewhere I can dedicate myself to and have a career with, somewhere to become like a second family with. If anyone works at a great company like this that is looking for someone, please let me know, either here or in PM. I can forward my resume if it helps.
    Thank you and have a great day!

Chris

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    Hello all,
    I recently lost my job in the IT industry, and am searching for another. I am excellent in trouble shooting and have had experience in a call center environment. I posses a Bachelor degree and am beginning a Master degree on September 11th. I am excellent at my positions and put my everything into a job, does not matter what it is that I am doing. ( I was raised that if I am going to do it, to do it the best I can, Something missing in society today )
    I Live in Western MD and would be willing to travel to Fredrick, or nearby if the pay was enough to cover bills and gas. I am not just looking for a temp position or a job, but somewhere I can dedicate myself to and have a career with, somewhere to become like a second family with. If anyone works at a great company like this that is looking for someone, please let me know, either here or in PM. I can forward my resume if it helps.

Chris

Might want to let us know what your bachelors is in and what technologies you are familiar with.

Are you a network guy? Systems guy? Visualization experience? Any Certs? These are questions that people are going to be asking if they know of any open positions.

Jan 4, 2013
    Sorry forgot to add that stuff! I am a General IT guy right now, I never chose a specialty, because I liked it all. I have no certs yet but My degrees are in Information Technology. I am looking for a help desk position to start, with a company where I can actually grow with. I want to eventually move into a Network admin position. I love technology and Love trouble shooting, and "fixing" things. At my last position I was supposed to eb a level 1 tech support person, but we actually went further, much further. We troubleshot network connectivity, hardware issues, software issues, permission and user issues, worked in SQL plus to start/stop databases, and also to make changes to the tables and users as set on a Knowledge base post. We used Microsoft tools such as telnet, Ping, netstat, tracert to troubleshoot and prove network issues. We also created backup scripts (using generators) and trouble shot them to find out any issues that may have occurred when the backup did not complete. We installed software for users and configured networked and connected POS printers, (point of service, not what you were thinking ;-) LOL ) and also one of the things I personally did was take initiative to learn one of the third party software suites we sold and supported, that most people said was too difficult. (that is why I liked it, I like a challenge) I maintained connections, and set up the software and edited the files to set screen displays and printer sharing options on this software. I was the first to adopt Windows 8 on my workstation and take the challenge of Learning it and was the "go to guy" for Windows 8 issues when they arose. We added users to software, and to Windows machines to allow programs access and user access, registry editing and permission editing.
    I know I am forgetting a bunch, because to me it was just routine, but this is a quick overview.
    Thanks again guys

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Sounds like you are an network guy. They have tons of those jobs available. If your degree is in IT, you should go into cybersecurity and get your masters in that. good luck

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Do you know SQL? How about web sites?

Any marketing experience?

I have a position that is 60% IT 40% marketing.

Jan 4, 2013
    Not much SQL just what we had scripted to run at my previous employer. As far as marketing, No sales except prior to the internet, working at an Electronics Store.

I actually have an interview TOMORROW thanks to a member here, and am hoping for the best there!

Chris

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Get on LinkedIn and start networking.

Signup for CareerBuilder and Beyond. Forget Monster ...

If you live in AACo, got to aawdc.org, if not mwejobs.maryland.gov, and sign up. Both can provide career assistance and free resume' writing help, and are pre-reqs should you need to apply for unemployment.

dr_gonzo71

Jun 17, 2011
    Cumberland, MD
    Hello all,

Chris

Get your Network+ certification and apply at IBM for their Rocket Center, West Virginia facility. It's right outside of Cumberland and they're going to be hiring from what I hear.

mousetom78

BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2013
    Dena, Md
    I am working to get my network management and security degree from UMUC now with about 40 more credits to go. i got network management major associate degree from aacc. it makes me wonder how good an IT degree is now the days. I work for HP remotely from home. It is a good job but HP don't pay too well.

Jan 4, 2013
    I am working to get my network management and security degree from UMUC now with about 40 more credits to go. i got network management major associate degree from aacc. it makes me wonder how good an IT degree is now the days. I work for HP remotely from home. It is a good job but HP don't pay too well.

I would not give up on a degree. I started mine because I was laid off from a company and when they told us in 90 days they were closing the doors, I decided this was the time to go back. Working hard and getting decent grades, not just passing grades I earned my Associate and Bachelor degree. On 9-11-2013 I begin my Master degree. I will not give up on degrees, but you also have to realize that there are places out there who will pass anyone who attend and give them a degree as well, I believe they are dubbed degree mills. Certs would help me, but trying to afford the test fees is difficult with 3 kids to feed. Keep a positive attitude, and keep your eyes open. I have posted here, and all other sites I am a member of for recreation, plus scouring the internet daily for positions. Dont give up on the degree. Hard work pays off... keep positive!

I know I am trying to keep positive!!
    Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom