• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    A guy on the ARF got a form one for a grenade pretty cool it can be done but can't belive someone would pay $200 for something that goes bang one time

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    how much for the stamp?

if the person can afford it.. why not.. some people shoot $5 a shot and spend hours at the range... :shrug:

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    how much for the stamp?

if the person can afford it.. why not.. some people shoot $5 a shot and spend hours at the range... :shrug:

everyone flamed him so much on there thats a anonymous benifery paid for everything just to show people it could be done

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    everyone flamed him so much on there thats a anonymous benifery paid for everything just to show people it could be done

and people buy tanks.. etc.

to prove a point thats on the person... some people are like that.. now hopefully he doesnt do foolish stuff with it.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    How would you even ship one? Fedex?

Edit: I found the thread. He's building his own and already assigned it a serial number.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    How would you even ship one? Fedex?

Edit: I found the thread. He's building his own and already assigned it a serial number.

thats not even the real thread they locked the one he did a step by step how to go about all the paperwork and everything on grog10 sadly not taking new members..

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    Make one, drop in one of these display cases:

42676-bigthumbnail.jpg

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I thought some DD's such as grenades were exempt from the serial number requirements.

Code:
    26 U.S. Code § 5842 - Identification of firearms:

(a) Identification of firearms other than destructive devices Each manufacturer and importer and anyone making a firearm shall identify each firearm, other than a destructive device, manufactured, imported, or made by a serial number which may not be readily removed, obliterated, or altered, the name of the manufacturer, importer, or maker, and such other identification as the Secretary may by regulations prescribe.

(b) Firearms without serial number Any person who possesses a firearm, other than a destructive device, which does not bear the serial number and other information required by subsection (a) of this section shall identify the firearm with a serial number assigned by the Secretary and any other information the Secretary may by regulations prescribe.

(c) Identification of destructive device Any firearm classified as a destructive device shall be identified in such manner as the Secretary may by regulations prescribe.

ATF Guidebook:
    Exceptions:
    Destructive devices. In the case of a destructive device, the Director may authorize other means of identifying that weapon upon receipt of a letter application from you, submitted in duplicate, showing that engraving, casting, or stamping (impressing) such a weapon would be dangerous or impracticable.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    You know $200 use to be what a few weeks or months salary in 1934. Now its a few hours or days work. My bet is that we are about to see more inflation in the future as we pay off SS with cheaper and cheaper money. That $200 will be like an hours work eventually. Then we can have all the hand grenades for just the trouble of some paperwork... and what probably a 3 year wait at that point!

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    You know $200 use to be what a few weeks or months salary in 1934. Now its a few hours or days work. My bet is that we are about to see more inflation in the future as we pay off SS with cheaper and cheaper money. That $200 will be like an hours work eventually. Then we can have all the hand grenades for just the trouble of some paperwork... and what probably a 3 year wait at that point!

I'm kind of interested in submitting a stamp to make one.. Just to have, then only build it when I intend to use it. I would hate to have one hanging around the house.. LOL

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    I'm kind of interested in submitting a stamp to make one.. Just to have, then only build it when I intend to use it. I would hate to have one hanging around the house.. LOL

I believe there is some sort of a time limit. I believe you can also get a refund for the stamp if in fact the NFA 'firearm' is never manufactured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom