• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    This is the part, from the AGC email, that caught my attention.

Today, it passed the House Rules Committee, House Judicial Committee, 2nd and 3rd Reading in the full House all in a single day.

When the fix is in, anything's possible.

This is good news! It's common sense gun legislation!

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    This has been a no brainer for years - yet it hasn't previously seen the light of day. So there is no question this is progress regardless of the motivations, and I'll take it, but the speed and near unanimity do strongly suggest some orchestrated horse trading. We need to find even more favorable traders, but this wouldn't have happened at all, no matter how much sense it made, without persistence. :thumbsup: I hope this isn't the end of the tide.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    As a gun owner this is a good thing. As a tax payer this is a great thing. Cutting spending on crap that has no use should be what every side wants.

Yep, this is pretty much how I feel too. All these theories seem plausible, and a few entertaining; with such unnanmious consensus, there does appear to have been some breakthrough or coordination. I guess each of our speculation, whether positive or pessimistic, reveals as much about us as our legislators.

The cool part is there are a few who know right now what really happened, and many more of us will know soon. Either way, until I know otherwise I'd like to think this could be indicating a changing of the guard, a new spirit of cooperation or simply the end of an era of overly politicizing firearm issues.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    The State Police ask for shell casings to be repealed, it passes.
    Now we just have to hope the General Assembly listens when they ask for "good & substantial" to be defined in a year or two...

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    This is some genuinely good news. Very nice!

I agree. I've been inhibited to buy handguns that don't come with shell casings and greater than 10 round mags (e.g. some Sig models). Your mags get pulled before the handgun is sent to MD, and then you have to score a mag (if there is a 10 round one available or the FFL has one) to get it fired for shell casings. My FFL hires a service (essentially a guy) to this - and I forget why this is necessary. Sure I could request that they load through the chamber, etc, but I'm doing it indirectly, as I don't know the guy, don't know if he will agree, etc. The path of lesser resistance has simply been to buy something else w/o the shell casing headache. It will be nice to have this (useless) barrier removed.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    To scrap the existing trove of brass would be the tragick! Think of the childrenz who could be saved by all that brass!

I say it should be maintained forever, in the Attorney General's garage.

He should be required to catalog it. Every case.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Well, that provision was often used as clear evidence of the foolish excess of MD's gun laws, and it worked.

Now that they're being more closely scrutinized by the courts and requiring justification in Constitutional terms, maybe it started sticking out as a sore thumb as possibly outliving its political usefulness and became a political liability instead.

Anybody know whether the AG's office issued anything in writing about this bill? It might be an interesting read.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    This is stunning!

Usually this far out from an election the gunowner haters will pass gun control so we will forget by the next time they get voted on.

No, this is not a minor situation, this is a real victory and important. Don't ignore it or think of it as a small thing. We are having an effect.

Congrats everyone.:party29:

Dogmeat

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Montgomery County, MD
    Finally, some good news for our side. Sure there are many more things that need to be done, but this is one small step forward. Those here who don't see it, probably weren't involved during the serialized ammo debates and just don't understand exactly how big a deal this is.

Was there an order from the Mikes to make it happen, probably, but even that is huge for our side. When was the last time they did anything for us? I also tend to think that having Frosh out of the Senate Judiciary had something to do with it, but I suspect even he bowed to the power of the Mikes.

For me, I will make today a happy day.

P.S. Dibs on all the 38/40 brass!

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Sounds like proof that we will only get carry rights one day by appealing to the thieving hearts of the liberal GA. It is all about $$$

It is not about the right to defend ourselves. It is about lining the pockets and budgets of slimy politicians. If we do that we can obtain carry rights.

There is no doubt this passed because it gave liberals money from the MSP budget to use elsewhere. That is the only part they heard that made sense as they had their stupid liberal fingers in their stupid liberal ears during the debate on all pro gun bills.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It's a program that even cuomo in New York realized was bad. Even California stayed clear of it!

Wonder if we can call the MSP to get our casings after 10/1

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom