• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    has anyone that has gotten to the interview portion ever displayed their out of state ccw permits and explained to the MSP that how come states I have never even visited trust me to ccw yet my home state requires me to plead my case and prove that I have a reason to carry?

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    has anyone that has gotten to the interview portion ever displayed their out of state ccw permits and explained to the MSP that how come states I have never even visited trust me to ccw yet my home state requires me to plead my case and prove that I have a reason to carry?

Does not matter. Call your state Representative and vent to them. Save your money and don't bother applying for a permit in MD. if you do not have G&S different than 97% of the rest of the residents of Maryland.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    I have my permit, what a bunch of bs it were to get it,just an idea to show MSP how bad their rules are compared to other states. in the end scheme: MD values your/their money more than your life.

Unknown User

Oct 19, 2014
    Maryland

Don't really matter. to me the interview is just a waste of time. You go in he or she will ask you a few questions and your done in less than 5 mins, at least thats how it was for me, I'm waiting on one for work but the process is the same....

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

That would go as far as throwing a 500 lb fat lady. I had a great interview and the trooper just wanted to verify my info and get a feel for my "G&S" reason. He was helpful and very supportive of my application.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    My father got his (card in hand) in 10 days from submission, Sussex County, DE, and a "may issue" state.

They say 3-4 months avg. in DE, but I think they quote New Castle (up north) county as the expected time frame. I'll be submitting my paperwork soon so we'll see how long it takes.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011

I provided copies of my FL license as part of my package. My guess would be it went directly into the trash can.

Simply put, they don't care. :o

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Irritating that carrying cash is a G&S. More people who aren't carrying substantial amounts of cash are assaulted, raped, and robbed than those that are carrying it:mad54: I know preach to the choir

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Original: Applied 2/25/2012, Interview 4/16/2012, Received permit 5/25/2012

Renewal: Applied 7/20/2014, Received renewed permit 10/7/2014

*I mailed my renewal application off a bit late so I sent an email to MSP Licensing Division in late September-2014 inquiring about status of renewal because my permit was going to expire at end of September. I got a reply stating that my permit had been renewed and that I should receive it in the mail within 7-10 days. It also stated that I could continue to carry on my expired permit until receiving the renewal.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Yes.. I'm a business owner that deals with and transports a lot of cash...
    Go on line and Dow load a Copt of the application and read it. There's no requirement to prove that you handle a lot of cash. A copy of your business license or name registration and proof of deposits (or a letter from your bank verifying you have an active account) is all that's needed to prove you are a legitimate business owner.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I did not display my Utah permit at my MSP interview and question him as to why Utah would give me one but MD won't. Just does not seem to be a good interview tactic to jump on the offensive with someone you are trying to get something from....permit, job, etc. I did however mention that I have a Utah permit, if only to make him aware that I had passed a background check to obtain that permit.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Father in law submitted his app 12/06/2014 just received his permit 02/26/2015.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    His interview was during the second week of January at the Jessup barracks and lasted less than 10 minutes.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    WOW, that's fast. Gotta be connected politically somehow or things are changing for the better.

Congrats to your dad.
    Jim Smith

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    No connections whatsoever. I was amazed when he called me tonight to tell me. A little pissed, too LOL. I submitted mine on 12/08 and haven't heard yet, but I'm a little more anxious now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom