• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pittsaero

Mar 29, 2013
    My bank doesn't differentiate between cash & checks on the deposit receipts & I didn't have any problem. The trooper asked if some of the deposits were cash & I answered yes, no problem getting permit.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Try walking in with a good lawyer. And let him do the talking for you. You should be able to use his fee as a business expense since you are going to use your permit for business only.

pro1742

Jan 19, 2013
    Carroll County
    I disagree, the application states:

Nothing about cash listed for that hurdle.

High is subjective. High to some may be $100, $1000 or $10000. High to others start with 6 zeros. Either way, as long as it is $0.01, it is a transaction and domination doesn't matter.

You can disagree all you want but I am a business owner and I have had my Carry Permit in Md for 12 years running now and everything I have stated are things I have been told and obviously worked for me. Being a business owner alone will not guarantee you a carry permit. In fact if you think you will get a carry permit in Maryland based on good and substantial you only kidding yourself.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    I have a friend who recently became a US citizen. He has been working in the United States for about eight years. He has a full-time job W-2 and recently within the last year and a half started a part-time business doing programming.

I encouraged him to apply for his carry permit and had him apply under business owner subcategory making deposits. He barely had six deposits all of which were checks. He got his permit. He has the same restrictions as mine while actively involved in financial business transactions with the standard to and from place of business and to and from residence.

He also applied for and got his PA permit shortly after receiving his Maryland permit. As I have said before. Unless something has changed radically. If you are a business owner with at least six deposits you will be given a permit. And you do not need cash transactions to qualify as a business owner making deposits.

pro1742

Jan 19, 2013
    Carroll County
    I too have a permit and am DIRECTLY quoting the application...

I never said being a business owner alone would guarantee anyone a permit? If it is not based on G&S, what is it based on?

I am not interested in getting into big debate, I am just trying to offer some advise that might help someone get there carry permit. This started with question over bank reciepts and what I stated in my post was a either/or situation as far as letter from bank or 6 deposit slips which is what you stated in your post so I am not sure where we are differing?

What I mean about G&S is we are kidding ourselves because Maryland can turn you down no matter how G&S our reason is for wanting a carry permit, the whole system is a joke.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Seems like a lot of work to get a permit for a once a week trip to the bank. 30 minutes? How restricted are these types of permits?

And yes it seems to be getting worse hearing this. But we are giving our new officials until Memorial Day or something so fingers crossed.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I asked Sgt Knaub for an interpretation and he said that it covers you as long as you are working for your company and is not tied to a given location. So, if your on the clock, your good to go. He stated that if my business takes me to several locations I'm covered to, from and at those locations as long as it is not a prohibited place.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I asked Sgt Knaub for an interpretation and he said that it covers you as long as you are working for your company and is not tied to a given location. So, if your on the clock, your good to go. He stated that if my business takes me to several locations I'm covered to, from and at those locations as long as it is not a prohibited place.
    Yep he told me the same and promised to send it an email. He never did. So I requested a modification. At first it was denied and then granted at the informal review. It definitely helps to sit down and explain your business with a live person.

pro1742

Jan 19, 2013
    Carroll County
    Apologies pro1742, I got worked up in another thread (WTW) and had a bad attitude yesterday.

We are both trying to help with our own real world experiences, thank you for providing details of your journey to try to help a few Marylander navigate through this atrocious process.

No worries marylandmark were good!:thumbsup:

Mdfan

Apr 16, 2013
    Reading this thread, its making me think I should be applying for my permit-ive never thought I would have a snoballs chance of approval. I have multiple rental properties, so we have multiple rental payments being deposited every month, thruout the month. Many in the form of checks. but some cash. Thoughts? Sorry if this is a detour of the thread.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Reading this thread, its making me think I should be applying for my permit-ive never thought I would have a snoballs chance of approval. I have multiple rental properties, so we have multiple rental payments being deposited every month, thruout the month. Many in the form of checks. but some cash. Thoughts? Sorry if this is a detour of the thread.

Absolutely this meets the ridiculous G&S requirements. Apply!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom