• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    The Law of Self Defense Seminar with Attorney Andrew Branca
    LOSD.jpg
    We’ve secured one of the top instructors in the country to conduct a one-time, classroom-only seminar that is sure to book quickly.

If you followDon’t talk to Police”, after a lawful use of self-defense incident, it could cost you your freedom. learn what you consider instead, and why.

"Your best weapon is between your ears . . . provided it's loaded."--Robert Heinlein

The Law of Self Defense Seminar is a 4-5 hour in-depth, live event that instructs on the laws governing the use of force in defense of self, family, others, and property. Conducted live in-person by Attorney Andrew Branca, it is state-specific to Maryland, DC & Virginia self-defense statutes, jury instructions, and court decisions.

It is our intention that this seminar is provided at cost, except that your fee include a small donation to Frederick IWLA Youth Group for the use of IWLA facilities. NOTICE: Use of the Frederick #1 Chapter of the IWLA of America, Inc., facility does not constitute an endorsement or sponsorship of this event or its content.

TIME/DATE/DETAILS
    Saturday, June 27, 2015, 10:00AM to 3:00PM
    Frederick #1 Chapter of the IWLA of America, Inc.,
    4719 Reels Mill Road, Frederick MD 21701
    Snacks, sodas & light lunch may be provided at nominal cost to benefit the IWLA Youth Group.

If you can’t arrange the time or money for a Masaad Ayoob MAG course, this is an outstanding alternative.

Build A Legally-Sound Self-Defense Strategy Customized for YOU

The value presented by the Law of Self Defense Seminar is considerable. Over the course of 4-5 hours, and at a fraction of the cost of consulting one-on-one with a lawyer, you will learn how to build a legally-sound self-defense strategy by:
    •Learning how to minimize your vulnerability to prosecution and civil suit.
    •Preparing yourself to win BOTH the physical AND the legal battles.
    •Learning not just the letter of the law but also how it’s actually applied actual courts and prosecutors to actual people.
    •Knowing what a prosecutor MUST prove in order to defeat your self-defense claim.
    •Learning key strategies for “armoring up” the most common legal vulnerabilities.
    •Understanding the incredible legal risks of defending others, and the strict limits on defending property.
    •Learning what “Stand-Your-Ground,” the “Castle Doctrine,” “Presumptions of Reasonableness” and “Self-defense Immunity” REALLY mean . . . and what they DO NOT mean.
    •Knowing what to say to 911, to the first responders, and to the investigative officers (pro-tip: each interaction is VERY different).

ABOUT ATTORNEY ANDREW F. BRANCA
    Andrew F. Branca is currently in his third decade of practicing law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and is an internationally recognized expert on the laws of self-defense in the United States. He has been quoted in this context by the Wall Street Journal, the Chicago Tribune, the Washington Post, and many other mainstream media, including nationally syndicated broadcast media.

Andrew is the recent winner of the 2014 UC Berkeley Law School Debate on “Stand-Your-Ground,” defeating prominent law school professors and even a CNN Legal Analyst. Andrew was one of the highest reviewed instructors at the most recent annual Range Master Tactical Conference. He was featured speaker at the 2014 NRA Annual Meeting on self-defense law. Andrew is a Guest Instructor and content matter expert (CME) on self-defense law at the Sig Sauer Academy, an NRA life member, an NRA Certified Instructor, an IDPA Charter/Life member (IDPA #13), and a Master-class competitor in multiple IDPA divisions. He is a certified Continuing Legal Education (CLE) instructor on self-defense law, teaching other lawyers how to argue self-defense cases, in numerous states around the country.

REVIEWS
    “Not only a good idea, an EXCELLENT idea.”
    Taking Andrew Branca’s Law of Self Defense Seminar would be not only a good idea, but an EXCELLENT idea. I’ve known him for many years. He’s one of my graduates, and more to the point, he’s an attorney who focuses on this kind of issue with a passion. I thought his reportage from the courtroom in the Zimmerman case (check www.legalinsurrection.com during the period of the trial) was the gold standard. By all means, take his course. I also recommend his new book, available through www.lawofselfdefense.com.”
    –Massad Ayoob, Massad Ayoob Group

“Understanding what Andrew teaches can keep you out of jail.”
    Having a gun when the police aren’t there to protect you can keep you alive, but understanding the material Andrew teaches can keep you out of jail to continue enjoying that life.
    –Dr. John Lott, Crime Prevention Research Center, Author: “More Guns, Less Crime”

TERMS & CONDITIONS
    · No walk-ins.
    · No recording of any type (video, audio or photography).
    · Seminar location is subject to nearby venue change, with or without notice
    · Online pre-registration, and online pre-payment are required.
    · No refunds unless expressly authorized by the seminar organizer whose sole discretion shall be final
    · The seminar may be cancelled at any time by the speaker, organizer, or facility owner, prior to the start of the conference, with or without advance notice, by refunding all registration fees.

Saturday, June 27, 2015, 10:00AM to 3:00PM

Early registration before May 27 is only $109/person.
    Regular registration May 27 or later is $159/person.

LAWYERS: CLE credit (4.0 hours general) is also available for both MD and DC.
    Early CLE registration before May 27 is only $159/person.
    Regular CLE registration May 27 or later is $209/person.

RESERVE YOUR SEAT NOW – YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER AND PAY ONLINE
    Register Here

Promotional Brochure: View attachment Law of Self Defense Seminar Frederick MD 6-27-15.pdf

Last edited:

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I listen to his podcast, he has a true skill for making legalese plainly understandable.

I will definitely be there and drag a few friends along who now say they wish they had come to MAG40 with me a year and a half ago.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    One thing that I didn't highlight is that this is an ideal course for Maryland State Police Licensed or Certified Instructors to take.

You will receive materials and handouts that you can use as teaching aides for the legal portions of classes that you conduct.

You will also have plenty of opportunity to ask questions of one of the leading (if not THE leading) attorney in self defense law.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    One thing that I didn't highlight is that this is an ideal course for Maryland State Police Licensed or Certified Instructors to take.

You will receive materials and handouts that you can use as teaching aides for the legal portions of classes that you conduct.

You will also have plenty of opportunity to ask questions of one of the leading (if not THE leading) attorney in self defense law.

Excellent point, and although I read the book: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=151394

I agree, as an instructor it's our responsibility to be up to date and provide the best training and information available. Thanks again for all you do to lead and support our community.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Update:

OP updated with logo and new LGS brochure.

This June class has already surpassed its minimum quota and is filling fast.

You know its a great topic and good training when MDS's top Lawyers have already secured their spots.

Don't miss it. Register Now! Click here.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    What is the limit on class size? Just curious how much time we have to register. Not sure of my schedule that far out currently

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Thanks for your interest in The Law Of Self Defense Seminar with Attorney Andrew Branca.

The June class more than half booked. Interestingly, many of the registrants are lawyers.

If you have any interest at all, I suggest you reserve a seat now.

I don't anticipate an issue with you sending someone else to take your seat as long as you provide acceptable notification in advance.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    Thanks for your interest in The Law Of Self Defense Seminar with Attorney Andrew Branca.

The June class more than half booked. Interestingly, many of the registrants are lawyers.

If you have any interest at all, I suggest you reserve a seat now.

I don't anticipate an issue with you sending someone else to take your seat as long as you provide acceptable notification in advance.

Fair enough. Thanks

Immersion

You have that power too
    Oct 10, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Might have to go to this. As soon as I know my schedule for that time, so long as it's clear this seems like a no brainer (especially in this state).

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Bummer. I would absolutely be there but I am out of state most of June. I hope this class is successful/attended enough to bring him back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom