• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Probably!

I'll have a peak down the hallway next time I drive passed it.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    1294693010_487_tn.jpg

Southern Maryland was one of the most affected regions of the country during the war between the United States and Great Britain, which lasted from 1812 to 1815.

The active British presence in Southern Maryland, the capital's first line of defense, resulted in wide-spread destruction and disruption of daily life for the citizens of Calvert, Charles, and St. Mary's counties.
    http://www.destinationsouthernmaryland.com/c/398/the-war-of-1812-home

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Speaking about history. 1776 to be specific.

Maryland's incredible history is amazing; proud to be a long time resident.

The reputation of this wonderful state and its officials should not be blemished because of this period of civil unrest or a handful of officers that have over the years have done wrong. Let's clean this up and move on in the right direction.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    TBH the first time i saw "molon labe" I though someone misspelled "moron babe" if I hadn't googled it, I wouldn't of had a clue as to its meaning nor will most of the general public. that being said, most dared them to "come and take" yes, they did...your rights and they did a fine job of it. a new "battle" cry is in order I'd say.

SW6906user

The reputation of this wonderful state and its officials should not be blemished because of this period of civil unrest or a handful of officers that have over the years have done wrong. Let's clean this up and move on in the right direction.

Indeed Minuteman, and let's remind the evildoer's not to be on our business end or the 175th may need to respond.

Attachments

• 175th_Wing_-_A-10_Thunderbolt_IIs.jpg
      175th_Wing_-_A-10_Thunderbolt_IIs.jpg
      70.6 KB · Views: 444

Jimet

Feb 4, 2007
    Harford Co.

I, too, am a life long resident of Maryland. I've worked in many states across this country, but, always came "home" to MD. I don't know anything about what part any of my ancestors may have played in the history of MD., but, I am proud to be a Marylander. Oh yea, did I ever mention my Uncle Emil was a General in the US Army?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    my people have been here in southern md now for about 380 years. I can trace my heritage right back to st marys city. my people have fought in every war and skirmish here and abroad since then. from when they arrived until now all of my grandparents were born and died in southern md. with the exception of the last couple of decades I have been so proud to be from southern md. I have always taken pride in the stories from the old ones. the stories of how things were and what we have done make me proud to me from here but alas, the last couple of decades have turned me sour to the point that I want to be the first of us to leave. I find that to be a damn shame. I used to be so full of pride to be from here. there is a tremendous amount of history down here that is either forgotten of just not talked about and I wish that would change also.

just my 2 cent semi rant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom