• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    I stumbled upon the forum 8yrs ago and have met some of the strangest characters and best friends I've ever had. From the Meet and Greets to the epic Delmarva shoots, the camaraderie of MDSF has stood the test of time.

Iconic avatars have come and gone, some by horrible loss and some just spiraling down in flames. Through epic threads of laughter and silliness, excellent informed postings of firearm knowledge and others of heart wrenching personal tragedies, we've been united.

The brotherhood of this forum stands as a testament of the unwavering and caring nature of one of the most misunderstood group of people bonded together for a single cause, defending the Second Amendment of our Constitution.

The ones who try to take away our freedoms simply do not understand what it means to be a gun owner. The personal responsibility of restraint is not in their toolbox. They can't fathom how someone could own a device of such perceived power and not wield it for evil. Because they cannot handle such pressure, they want to take it from everyone.

We have gathered here on this forum to say in a united voice that it is they who are wrong and we will take our message to the water coolers, airwaves and the streets of Annapolis to let them know that we are Maryland Shooters and our voices will be heard.

God bless MDSF and the freedoms for which we stand!

BTW, Happy Birthday. :D

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Happy Anniversary MDS. Thank you to all the mods for keeping things cool and calm around here, and making this the first place I go every day and the last place I visit every night.

I have learned a lot and shared a little. Met a bunch of good guys and four good women. Many of you have made a difference in my life, and made me a little smarter, too.

Here's to the next 10 years!

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    Maryland Shooters was my go-to source before I picked up my very first firearm - a Springfield XD40 when I turned 21. For this, and the considerable collection I now enjoy, I thank you all.

Happy birthday MDS!

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    I can't believe it has been that long. When I first joined you could read all of the new posts for the day in a very short time. You pretty much knew who was posting about what and who's opinion and professional advise held salt. I have never posted that much unless I felt it was worthwhile input but I have been on this site almost every day since the date I joined. I don't know what I'd do without it. I'm totally addicted.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Wow I found this place in 09, when I decided to get back into shooting, I thought that that this forum had been here a lot longer. In any case Happy Birthday to the gun nut hang out.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Thanks to the founders of MDS! What a great place to hang out with a bunch of like minded folks that I wouldn't have found without MDS. This really is a fantastic community, thanks for keeping us straight, Norton!

13'er here that stuck ;)

And thanks to all who came before me to help me learn how to shoot, get over my fears and become a member.

Also thanks to the folks that taught me all about the crappy, confusing MD gun laws, become aware of the situation at the state level and giving me the courage to try to change things in Annapolis.

It's so funny how I turn to MDS whenever there's a major news event to get the lowdown and share in nutty speculation with others. :)

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I came here 6 years ago when I wanted to get one handgun for home protection. I wanted some guidance and ended up getting involved in the 2A movement and a safe with 13 guns in it...(on a meager salary I might add).

Thank you MDShooters! Donation sent ;)

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Really? I came to MDS in 2009 but was kind of "read only" and didn't really start posting until 2010 or 2011. I was only into gun threads in my early ears and didnt pay much attention to the drama (like I do now :D ). I do vaguely know why that legal guru got the axe (sempur something?)

Novus Collectus. Norton explained why. It wasn't pretty.

Quacker

Oct 6, 2011
    SOMD
    Thanks DD214, Norton, Zoostation, JoppaJ and 2SAM22 for your personal drive energy, time and effort to make MDS work and be effective.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Happy BDay to a great place! There's a lot of folks who I see move on to free America yet continue to frequent this forum. I guess they just love all that water cooler drama :D. That says ALOT though!! ! We have visitors from all over America from CALGUNS to TN to LA and TX. We have great people from lawyers to woodworkers to doctors to teachers and at least one actual gunsmith. The members are what make this place great and I'm glad I can participate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSJ

Dec 20, 2013
    Rockville
    Happy Birthday. I've been lurking longer than I have been a member. Thanks to everyone whose has helped keep this site running as well as contributing useful information.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    This forum gave birth to "Shotgun Joe". Before that, I was just a guy who popped his collars and wore pink shirts.

Like Doug, I started with one gun. Now, I have many.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007

Attachments

• o-CHEERS-LEONARDO-DICAPRIO-570.jpg
      o-CHEERS-LEONARDO-DICAPRIO-570.jpg
      28.6 KB · Views: 182

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member