• lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    And once she knows ya.. Her bf shows up and steals your stuff..lol

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I went to the range yesterday afternoon, Was there when they opened. it filled up fast. and it was quite warm but not bad.

I did have a good time, i just hope i didn't annoy to many people by shooting my very large rifle.:D

Henry was there and he was polite and minded his manners.

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    I'm heading down this morning if anyone is going. Got to fix my scope on my ar. I moved it back and moved the rings closer together and now its way off. Gonna break out the mauser and the mosin too.

IJM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 7, 2012
    District of Columbia
    Heads up the 2015 Myrte Grove WMA Shooting permits expire in 1 Week "July 31 2015" next Friday time to renew your permit. So easy online with a CC $20 for a years access. Beats $5 at the door every time you go.

https://compass.dnr.maryland.gov/DnrCompassPortal

Now a few words from our NaySayers :cool:

Thanks for the reminder, as I always forget since I don't go to the range much in the heat of summer.

string6guru

Feb 8, 2013
    Waldorf, Leonardtown, MD
    Had the range to myself for about 5 minutes today before this 20 something guy shows up. Wouldn't have been an issue except I got a bad feeling just looking at him. Dark, sunken, eyes. Gauges in his ears. Tatoos (i know, judging a book by it's cover). He had a Sig 40 cal. I asked him if we were good to go hot and he said "yes". I said "what about your ear pro?". He shrugged it off, then as an after thought, asked what I was shooting. To which I replied 9mm and he was like "ok, I'm good" I thought "they're your ears buddy" and emptied a mag. After that he stood up to shoot so I stayed back, pistol holstered, condition 1, and watched him do his thing. He had an issue with his magazine staying in after his first shot. He slammed it up and took another. The mag just about fell all the way out. He grabbed it, thought about it for a second then this ****ing guy muzzle swept me, and himself! I loaded up my shit and left. He knew how to shoot. He had a good hold and stance, and hit his target at 10 yards. If someone knows him, give this guy a range ettique lesson.

rpker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2009
    Charles County
    Went down Friday afternoon with m brother. Saw a couple faces I have seen before and spent about an hour just plinking away with my M1, AR-15, XD, and walther P22. Not a bad day at the ange but I think the guy at the next table was kinda bent outta shape at being peppered with brass. He shot like 5 rounds then packed up and left....

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    Went down Friday afternoon with m brother. Saw a couple faces I have seen before and spent about an hour just plinking away with my M1, AR-15, XD, and walther P22. Not a bad day at the ange but I think the guy at the next table was kinda bent outta shape at being peppered with brass. He shot like 5 rounds then packed up and left....
    What about this? I have a mini-14 and it throws brass half the width of the shooting tables. I apologized to the people who were being hit with brass, but I can't always get the far right bench. I've even tried duct taping a piece of cardboard to the rifle but it only stays on through a couple of magazines.

rpker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2009
    Charles County
    What about this? I have a mini-14 and it throws brass half the width of the shooting tables. I apologized to the people who were being hit with brass, but I can't always get the far right bench. I've even tried duct taping a piece of cardboard to the rifle but it only stays on through a couple of magazines.

I understand if you don like to be peppered with brass and if you say something to me I am more than willing to try to fix the problem, there was at least two open tables (including one to the left of mine). Personally, I know that getting hit with errant brass is just part of going to the range so I don't let it bother me, but maybe that's just me. I felt kinda bad that the guy didn't even try to ask me to do something different and just left though.

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    Yeah. I guess maybe I'll look into a brass catcher.I try to be a good shooter and aware of those around me. Heck. It'll keep my old butt from having to bend over to police up my brass before I leave.

IJM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 7, 2012
    District of Columbia
    Prone/sitting shooting

What are the rules (if any) or consensus for shooting prone and sitting at Myrtle Grove? If/when I do it, I'm careful to lay my shooting mat such that's it out of the way of the adjacent bench and not in the walkway behind the benches. I'm also careful to keep behind the firing line and to position my target such that the bullets hit the berm, not the ground or baffles.

Is this generally accepted as OK?

epps1919

Aug 9, 2010
    SO.MD
    What are the rules (if any) or consensus for shooting prone and sitting at Myrtle Grove? If/when I do it, I'm careful to lay my shooting mat such that's it out of the way of the adjacent bench and not in the walkway behind the benches. I'm also careful to keep behind the firing line and to position my target such that the bullets hit the berm, not the ground or baffles.

Is this generally accepted as OK?

you are good to go:thumbsup:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    In between mistings today it was pretty decent! A DC FF was setting up shop as I was leaving!! Nice chatting with ya Sgt!!!

dcfdgfo

Jan 5, 2015
    In between mistings today it was pretty decent! A DC FF was setting up shop as I was leaving!! Nice chatting with ya Sgt!!!

yeah same here, hope the issue we talked about worked out, career was already ended, btw I'm not chubby I'm fat

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Went yesterday about 1030-1200. Full but no one waiting. As someone would leave someone else would show up. Dan (I think that's his name) the DNR guy showed up for a while. I asked him about the destroyed baffles and how bad things were getting. He basically told me he is not allowed to solicit help for a project but if someone would call headquarters around the first of November:innocent0 and inquire about volunteering to help that would get the ball rolling. He's planning on the Monday after Thanksgiving. IIRC someone on here last year coordinated a group to help out?

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    Has anybody heard of anyone being hasseled by DNR or MSP ( I know they drop by) for shooting an AK at MG? It's a pre-2013 ban, but I don't have any paperwork to prove that. I want to check on some work I did on it. Also, any problem shooting with 20-30 rd mags?

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    Has anybody heard of anyone being hasseled by DNR or MSP ( I know they drop by) for shooting an AK at MG? It's a pre-2013 ban, but I don't have any paperwork to prove that. I want to check on some work I did on it. Also, any problem shooting with 20-30 rd mags?

I've never been hassled for my firearms or mags. Seen lots of aks there. But they come around every once in a while to check that you have a pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom