• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abcabc

Nov 30, 2015
    Hello Everybody,

Anybody use gunrunners' gunsmithing capabilities? I'm thinking about getting the wobble from the front sight on a revolver fixed and possibly another gun heavy duty cleaned or something.

I know Hafers is kind of close too, but I'd rather not have to drive to Hagerstown any more than I have to when I live about 10 minutes from Gunrunners.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Call Gunrunners or just stop in to talk to Bob. He's very upfront about his abilities and very reasonable in pricing for work. I'm sure he can handle your revolver front sight issue, but I don't think that he does gun cleanings. I've been highly satisfied with work that he's done for me in the past on pistols and rifles, but he doesn't take on work that is outside of his experience/capabilities (e.g. at one point he was doing limited AR work, although this changed over the years).

scrub buck

Nov 1, 2013
    Does Hafers do stuff like bolt action builds rebarreling/ chambering, or do they do more of a bolt on ACC'S or AR type stuff?

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    OP, Bob is a great guy and will be straight with you about what he does, what it costs, and how long it takes. He's a great hand with pistols especially.

abcabc

Nov 30, 2015
    Thanks everybody, I went in and talked to him on Tuesday, Gunrunners said they couldn't fix the sight but gave me the number to Frederick Arsenal who can probably do it. I'm a little hesitant to take it to places without a store and a website that looks like theirs.

I might just go up to Hafers since I'm very tempted to get a threaded 22 even though I shouldn't waste the money. NFAs are expensive.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Thanks everybody, I went in and talked to him on Tuesday, Gunrunners said they couldn't fix the sight but gave me the number to Frederick Arsenal who can probably do it. I'm a little hesitant to take it to places without a store and a website that looks like theirs.

I might just go up to Hafers since I'm very tempted to get a threaded 22 even though I shouldn't waste the money. NFAs are expensive.

Richard at FA was the owner of Glade Valley Sporting Goods on North Market. He closed down the retail store and decided to focus on NFA stuff, partially because of FSA2013. You can find him working the counter at TMGN on Reichs Ford Rd, if you want to meet him and see what he is all about with FA.

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    Call Gunrunners or just stop in to talk to Bob. He's very upfront about his abilities and very reasonable in pricing for work. I'm sure he can handle your revolver front sight issue, but I don't think that he does gun cleanings. I've been highly satisfied with work that he's done for me in the past on pistols and rifles, but he doesn't take on work that is outside of his experience/capabilities (e.g. at one point he was doing limited AR work, although this changed over the years).

Amen. This is the mark of a good gunsmith. I would rather have a gunsmith tell me he's not comfortable doing my work than try to bullsh*t his way through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom