• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vendicator

Nov 5, 2010
    What is a DD-220?

It is the initial active duty report, stating completion of basic training. My situation is weird. I completed basic training, had some complications and never shipped to AIT in time. (Only have 2 years from enlistment to complete initial training or you get booted). So i got a general discharge. All of my forms I can access online, however I do not have a copy of my discharge papers. I am not even sure where the hell I can get them.

The way I see it, the FBI background check would show that I was not dishonorably discharged and that I truthfully answered the question and provided proof.

Hell, I couldn't even have the job I have if I was dishonorable discharged - the security agent wouldn't be too happy

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    It is the initial active duty report, stating completion of basic training. My situation is weird. I completed basic training, had some complications and never shipped to AIT in time. (Only have 2 years from enlistment to complete initial training or you get booted). So i got a general discharge. All of my forms I can access online, however I do not have a copy of my discharge papers. I am not even sure where the hell I can get them.

The way I see it, the FBI background check would show that I was not dishonorably discharged and that I truthfully answered the question and provided proof.

Hell, I couldn't even have the job I have if I was dishonorable discharged - the security agent wouldn't be too happy

Try here for your discharge records:
    http://www.archives.gov/veterans/
    I had to get all my military records for a job once and they helped me out.

br3krj

Libertarian Conservative
    Oct 25, 2009
    Harford County
    Mailed application today for delivery tomorrow - add me to the list of mailed applications - cant wait to hear how many have applied since Wollard was announced on March 5th!

Samuel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 12, 2012
    Sent certified mail today.

I emailed digital copies (sensitive info redacted) to Delegate Mike Smigiel, as well as my own local delegate & state Senator.

MSI has been notified via email as well.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Oh, I also included just over $23k worth of cash deposits and withdraws in the last 15 months. Also included a copy of my FFL, MD Collectors letter, FL permit and MD handgun safety card.

(Not that any of that helps)

As long as those $23k worth of cash deposits where deposited with the right politicians you should be just fine getting your permit! :lol:

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I'd have to say that if they are cashing checks that they are proceeding to look at applications the same old way, but i'm just spectulating.

4570inMD

Western MD Hooligan #007
    Jan 26, 2011
    West Virginia
    13mar12 Application filled out; DD214 included: $75 check to MSP
    14mar12 LiveScan fingerprints & photos taken at American Identity Solutions, Bethesda MD: $64.25
    14mar12 Notary at work: free
    14mar12 Application certified mail with return receipt: $6.60 USPS

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Sent my application today via Certified mail with return reciept. Had my prints done earlier today at Livescan in Glen Burnie.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    3/12 - Photos/Notary
    3/13- Livescan @ Bel Air MVA
    3/13 - Priority Flat rate w/ delivery confirmation .

Little note here guys. I'm starting to think all this fancy Delivery Confirmation and exotic mail delivery options are screwing us.

Mine was mailed yesterday, updated this morning that it was "out for delivery", but now says Notice Left.

It would have simply been left in the box (scanned by the mail person), now it looks like they just left a card, which, won't be seen till tomorrow at 10AM. This (I think) means my package wont' actually be in their hands until the 16th. Assuming I had sent it First Class or just regular Priority (without the extra delivery confirmation), it would be delivered by now.

Something to think about.

drblast33

[This Space for Sale ...]
    Little note here guys. I'm starting to think all this fancy Delivery Confirmation and exotic mail delivery options are screwing us.

Mine was mailed yesterday, updated this morning that it was "out for delivery", but now says Notice Left.

It would have simply been left in the box (scanned by the mail person), now it looks like they just left a card, which, won't be seen till tomorrow at 10AM. This (I think) means my package wont' actually be in their hands until the 16th. Assuming I had sent it First Class or just regular Priority (without the extra delivery confirmation), it would be delivered by now.

Something to think about.

Delivery Confirmation should just let you know if it was delivered. Doesnt mean that they must sign. They may just be notating the system weird since they probably have too much mail to put in a box, and have some sort of pickup process with the MSP.

I wouldnt worry about it too much. I think if you didnt have delivery confirmation, it would take the same time to get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom