• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    went today.. almost dirty up my pants after seeing so many cars parked.. they had a hunter safety class.. took over the trap range and kept the rifle range open of the rest..

not bad today.. sighted my bp rifle for hunting season.. may show up tomorrow and sight in my shotgun.. :)

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I just missed you.. I saw Crazy Al.. took a friend and his young nephew to shoot.. we had fun and stayed safe.

crap.. oh well.. next time.. it wasnt busy.. one or two waiting but it moved along nicely. everybody was safe when i was there.

i didnt stay long. Al said scar is trying to go but he had guest.

Midgettem1

Jarhead
    Jun 7, 2011
    NOVA
    You drive all the way to MG from Odenton? Did they close the rifle range on Fort Meade, or stop letting non-base personnel use it?

I'm not stationed there- I had no idea they had a range there (I thought the rifle shots on weekends were from reserve units).

Kinbote

Aug 17, 2010
    It's been a long while since I shot there, but they used to have a 300yd rifle range and I believe a pistol range. There were three different clubs that could shoot there; one was for just base members, but the other two allowed other military and retired military, and I think civilians as well. You should call over the base MWR or whatever their equivalent is and see if they are still doing that, or maybe post in the Central MD forum, see if someone there knows how they do it now.

Even Cresap would probably be closer to you, than MG, I think. I did some shooting up there a while back and it was a very nice place. Only open to the public on wknds but 5 bucks to shoot all day and a dollar a target if you don't bring your own. They are only 100yd for rifle (like MG) and only 25 yd for handgun so it's not real challenging.

There's Quantico if you want a 1000yd range, and they have pistol and trap ranges as well. Some little quirks over there, have to get each gun you want to shoot inspected, but it's not really that much of a hassle, and the schedule used to be kind of random, but here is the link:

http://www.quanticoshootingclub.com/

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    It's been a long while since I shot there, but they used to have a 300yd rifle range and I believe a pistol range. There were three different clubs that could shoot there; one was for just base members, but the other two allowed other military and retired military, and I think civilians as well. You should call over the base MWR or whatever their equivalent is and see if they are still doing that, or maybe post in the Central MD forum, see if someone there knows how they do it now.

Even Cresap would probably be closer to you, than MG, I think. I did some shooting up there a while back and it was a very nice place. Only open to the public on wknds but 5 bucks to shoot all day and a dollar a target if you don't bring your own. They are only 100yd for rifle (like MG) and only 25 yd for handgun so it's not real challenging.

There's Quantico if you want a 1000yd range, and they have pistol and trap ranges as well. Some little quirks over there, have to get each gun you want to shoot inspected, but it's not really that much of a hassle, and the schedule used to be kind of random, but here is the link:

http://www.quanticoshootingclub.com/

Quantico sounds like a good place. But not for me.

Ammunition Restriction

The following ammunition is restricted from use until the Marine Corps can complete dispersal area testing and determine the allowable safe usage. These include, but are not limited to:

5.45 x 39 mm

7.62 x 25 mm

7.62 x 39 mm

7.62 x45 mm

7.62 x 54 R

9 x 18 mm

Those are all the calibers I shoot. XD

Midgettem1

Jarhead
    Jun 7, 2011
    NOVA
    Hmm Q-town sounds nice- I don't have anything that needs to go out to 1k yards (doubt I ever will), but the possibility is nice. I'm still headed up to MG today, but I'll look into Ft Meade. I was supposed to go to CRESUP yesterday- but some issues came up and I wasn't able to go.

powderhunter

May 29, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    Don't forget to oil your Tula![/QUOTE]

Lesson learned, I appreciate your help today.
    Same thing happened (failure to eject(or is it erect) in a massive scale) when I was shooting century arms C93 month ago, I thought it was the remarkable Century Arms quality control matter. I'm glad it was just the ammo.

It was definately a good day at the range today. Can't wait to do it again in two weeks (not allowed weekly visit per spouse's request).

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Probably from carrying all that ammo you shot yesterday. :lol2:

If it was your shoulder aching, then I would know for a fact that you were shooting your mosin's. :gun7:

did brought a mosin yesterday but did no even shoot it.. main goal was to sight in the black powder rifle...

back was from fixing ceiling in the basement... had to patch couple of area due to water damage..

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I got there just before 9AM and got the last open table. Only brought the AR-15 that I had scouts do some trigger work on. This was my first chance to check out their work. What a great improvement over the factory trigger. Didn't stay long but I did get to shoot crazy Al's savage 308 rifle. Felt pretty good but the scope was off a bit for me.

Midgettem1

Jarhead
    Jun 7, 2011
    NOVA
    I got up there a little after 1 with my FAL and 91/30 and buddy in tow. Got the FAL's bore broken in, and managed to test the magazines out. It was nice finally getting to fire it. 91/30 finally got some use, too, which was nice.

Interesting problem when I got home though- the FAL's extractor is completely missing. Anyone happen to see it? Bench 3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom