Do we need to worry about a Russian Ammo Ban?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you think there will be a ban on Russian mfg ammo?

• Yes, its inevitable.

Votes: 109 81.3%
    • No, ammo will be safe.

Votes: 25 18.7%

• Total voters

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Obama will absolutely ban Russian ammo. If he could ban all ammo he would. Remember, he thinks our solution is to be like Australia, where gun ownership is regulated almost out of existence, unless you're military or police.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Depends. We'll have to wait and see if this was truly a back-door gun grab, or if Obama was really stupid enough to think the Russians losing $2mill annually is actually going to scare anyone...

Yep. I honestly think Obummer got a ground-rule double here. Sadly, I don't thick he or the State Department even know what these companies do. I think they just looked at the cap table for names if individuals.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    It's inevitable... eventually... whether it's this president or another. Domestic manufacturers lose our because of cheap imported arms and ammo, so the NRA isn't going to put up much resistance to import bans. It helps their biggest donors.

But when banning ammo is a win/win--punishing both Russia and shooters--and can be done under the guise of political policy unrelated to gun control... I'd make a pretty good bet we'll see the sanctions extended to ammo in the next couple of weeks.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I bought two cases of Golden Tiger this morning...I will monitor the situation and proceed with intent to purchase a few more if sanctions are slammed onto the table.

The thing is, there are other countries that manufacture the stuff, but, the best stuff comes out of Mother Russia.

Gummy

May 16, 2009
    Eden
    I saw a add for a local gunshop that said russian ammo was already banned because of obummer and it was on "sale".

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    But, this first gun ban by XO may be a trial baloon to gauge public reaction to banning guns, before more XOs are written that ban all guns and ammo, not just Russian imports.

Nah. Here's what happened.

Obama: "Team, think of all the ways we hurt the Russians."

Ring, ring

Obama: "Hold on, team. Hello? Rahm! How's it going? Ah, nothing. Sitting around trying to figure out how to hurt Russia. What? 2A prepper freaks buy stuff from Russia?? Damn, that's a great idea."

If you are waiting for the public to react to this XO, don't hold your breath. Even the NRA is being pretty quiet about this. He knows darn well that no one in their right political mind is going to argue against sanctions against Russia, regardless of the target.

Obama hit a grand slam with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    First of all, I think this is still highly speculative. The Russian ammo industry isn't built around a single entity like the arms industry is. There's no high profile target to hit with sanctions.

And there's plenty of ammo coming from other countries, like Romania and the Ukraine.

Tyeraxus

Ultimate Member
    May 15, 2012
    East Tennessee
    First of all, I think this is still highly speculative. The Russian ammo industry isn't built around a single entity like the arms industry is. There's no high profile target to hit with sanctions.

Doesn't have to be a single company. The whole purpose of sanctions is to hurt the enemy's economy, so entire sectors have been sanctioned before.

The Telegraph said:
    Britain is pushing for a potential “Tier 3” or “sectoral” sanctions on wider sectors of the Russian economy, which could cover areas such as financial services, trade and defence cooperation and energy exports.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...uld-EU-sanctions-on-Russia-affect-Europe.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom