• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    The counts stem from when Steinmetz removed the AR-15 from his shoulder and the muzzle faced toward a woman and her daughter in a waiting area in Terminal 4, according to police. Both the woman and her daughter reported fearing for their safety, police said.

???

Scabbard anyone ?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    So he drove there, paid for parking or took the light rail, walked into the airport for starbucks? The guy is a wacko.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I get that Long Gun Open Carry is probably even more legal in AZ than it is in MD, but I'm not sure that this is good for the cause. My understanding is that it's relatively easy to get a handgun permit in AZ. Go with that.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I get that Long Gun Open Carry is probably even more legal in AZ than it is in MD, but I'm not sure that this is good for the cause. My understanding is that it's relatively easy to get a handgun permit in AZ. Go with that.

My inlaws live in AZ.

If you can buy it legally in AZ, you can carry concealed, except in bars. No permit required.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Regardless of carry, no carry, permit, no permit, etc...... Who goes to the airport to buy a cup of coffee?

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    Sometimes I wonder why I work so hard trying to convince the non-gun people I know that gun owners are perfectly sane, rational citizens and the AR-15 is not the weapon of mass destruction and terror it's made out to be. It's like working so hard to make a painting and then a hyperactive five year old draws all over it with a marker because he thinks he's an artist too.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Sounds like the guy was looking to be arrested, and that he will push this in court. I'm sure there is video of the event, I would like to see if anyone was actually swept by the muzzle. That is always my problem with long gun carry, it's hard to not sweep someone in a crowded area even if it is in a scabbard. I was behind an LEO going up an escalator at ORF airport. The whole time his holstered side arm's muzzle was pointing at my mid-section.

I'm not saying I agree with this guys methods, but he may have a well thought out (in his mind) plan.

Or not.

It will be interesting to follow and see what becomes of this.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    He is a scientist alright. He managed to prove one thing: You can be highly educated yet not have any common sense at all.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Sounds like the guy was looking to be arrested, and that he will push this in court. I'm sure there is video of the event, I would like to see if anyone was actually swept by the muzzle. That is always my problem with long gun carry, it's hard to not sweep someone in a crowded area even if it is in a scabbard. I was behind an LEO going up an escalator at ORF airport. The whole time his holstered side arm's muzzle was pointing at my mid-section.

I'm not saying I agree with this guys methods, but he may have a well thought out (in his mind) plan.

Or not.

It will be interesting to follow and see what becomes of this.

So it counts as a sweep if the trigger is covered by a scabbard? What if it's in a full case?

Not saying muzzle discipline should be ignored, but really...in a scabbard is not safe?

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Somebody trying to make a political/theatrical statement with a firearm. Also, somebody without good judgement.
    And likely working for the other side. This accomplishes the anti gun organizations' goals, so there's absolutely no reason they wouldn't be the ones doing this.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    So it counts as a sweep if the trigger is covered by a scabbard? What if it's in a full case?

Not saying muzzle discipline should be ignored, but really...in a scabbard is not safe?

Some think so...

We need to ban all shoulder holsters

There is no clear consensus on this. To the those who do not own guns, any sweep is dangerous.

Was I in "fear for my life"? No. I felt perfectly safe.

Anyhow, my topic was on long gun carry, no scabbard. Hard not to sweep someone in a crowded area if you need to transition from muzzle up to muzzle down, or when slung behind you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom