• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I happened to see this S&W 3000 on a dealer's website, and it had sold for $280 by the time I saw it. Looks like a pretty cool piece for $280 but I'd never heard of a S&W 3000 before. Are these comparable to a Moss 500 or Rem 870 in terms of quality and reliability, or are you better off staying away from them?

Attachments

• SW3000.jpg
      SW3000.jpg
      39.3 KB · Views: 189

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    The were the Japanese version of the 870 produced in the early 1980s. As stated above they were okay. May be problematic now if you ever need parts.

Good luck

Jerry

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Have had one for twenty years. Failed me once while duck hunting. Fore stock split while trying to clear the empty and chamber the next round following a jamb (to be fair, it was cold as hell and icy and I cranked on it in frustration). The other posters feedback on finding parts is accurate. They're available but not quickly. It has been pretty reliable otherwise. It ain't an 870 or a 500 but it has killed ducks and deer aplenty. I haven't float tested it nor left it in the woods. The 1000 is their S&W semi fwiw. Never had one of those.

Last edited:

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I had a 3000 back in the 80's. I only bought it cause it was pretty. Never shot it, and sold it less that a year later to pay for something else I didn't need and didn't keep. :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom