• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trp7

Apr 3, 2009
    Brimmer to prevent brass from getting behind your glasses.

Sent from the firing line.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    No catch for a free event with guns and ammunition supplied?

Just the drive out there. The last time I went to PNTC my timing chain started making funny noises and by the time I figured out what the problem was it broke. $3400 later, I got a rebuilt engine installed in my truck. I'm hoping nothing goes wrong on this trip :lol:

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    This sounds interesting but Im confused. Is this just to try to get you hooked on three gun?

Also im guessing a 410 or 20 gauge?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    This sounds interesting but Im confused. Is this just to try to get you hooked on three gun?

Also im guessing a 410 or 20 gauge?

Yes and apparently no. If you haven't shot 3-gun, try this and you will figure out how to buy the equipment you need to do so. Hey, we need Shall Not Infringe to sign up for this!

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    It was kinda fun last year, got to shoot 15-22 (already have 2), M&P-22 pistol and some FN pistols. Oh yeah and a 12ga shotgun. Of course I was already shooting 3-gun. I was more interested in the reactions of those who were doing this for the first time.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    Take your kids or your wife! If you have never shot 3 gun before, go see how easy it is to get started. They provide everything and it is very relaxed. Go have fun!

After that you can worry about how to get all that cool gear on your belt for the next one :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    It was a good time last year. Yes it was a bit simplistic, but if you've never done it before or you just want an excuse to go check out the bays and 1000yrd range at PNTC it's a great time.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    My son and I did it last year and had fun. We also shot the five stand course afterwards.

Tmiralle

Jan 29, 2010
    Thank you for posting this. I have been interested in 3-gun for a while. My wife and I are registered and I may be getting 2 other people to go.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I'm really interested, but I'm recovering from a broken ankle. I'm shooting skeet and pistols now but I can't really run. I doubt I could kneel. Is there any prone shooting? How physical is it? I'm not worried about speed, just being safe with the gun in my hand. And not injuring myself again. Any thoughts from people who have participated in it. Or run the shoot.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Last year there was no prone shooting but there was some kneeling. The terrain is gravel and hard packed dirt. There were a few folks who walked the stages rather than run them.

covertpanda

Penguin Hunter
    Sep 10, 2013
    Carroll
    I'm really interested, but I'm recovering from a broken ankle. I'm shooting skeet and pistols now but I can't really run. I doubt I could kneel. Is there any prone shooting? How physical is it? I'm not worried about speed, just being safe with the gun in my hand. And not injuring myself again. Any thoughts from people who have participated in it. Or run the shoot.

Just walk, it's not a major. As noted previously this match is a great media event and it let's new people see what 3-Gun is all about. Plus free ammo!!! If you end up having fun comeback the following weekend for the regular PTNC 3-Gun match.

Ericw

Feb 28, 2012
    Greencastle, PA
    It says the event is from 9-5 or something. Are you actually there all day? My bro-in-law will be here but their flight leaves Baltimore at like 5:30...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom