• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Nope never tried it. never had an issue with a thumb drive and if i am not planning on changing (i.e. buy or sell a gun) the databse anytime soon I burn the database and program to a CD-ROM. They are so cheap these days it made sense to me.

Dave

mstraus

Jul 23, 2009
    Frederick MD
    I wrote an inventory program in MS Access. Works great. I print it out and keep it has my Log book for C&R. Keeps much more data than atv requires

DubleTap

Nov 19, 2011
    Need Some Support re: 401 Run Time Error

Dave, very nice quick and easy program. Thanks for writing and keeping it going.
    Now, my problem seems to be that the Gun portion is running OK. But as soon as I go to AMMO and try to add inventory or AMMO type I get a 401 Runtime error. I have tried running it in WIN XP conpartability to no avail. I have Win 7 Pro 64 Bit. I have installed the needed pics sub directory as well. I did install directly to my C: drive so the program resides at c:\GunInventory.
    Any ideas?

Thanks for your time,
    Ron

Here is the screenshot of error that pops up once I press either button once I have entered the AMMO section (add to inventory or add inventory type) Once I close the error popup the app then closes. This does not occur within Gun Inventory section:
    25svsdw.jpg

Last edited:

DubleTap

Nov 19, 2011
    Thanks Dave for such prompt response. Its the weekend, so whenever you have time, certainly no rush. Don't want to cut in on a man's family time.
    Have a good one. :lol:
    Ron

scrovak

Back in the "Free" State
    May 2, 2011
    Great software, will definitely download when I get home.

Since you already came up with it, here's a question for ya:

What are the odds, or how possible would it be, to adjust this software to create an inventory system for us 'Preppers', incorporating expiration dates, quantities, locations of storage, etc. for us to track reserve stock? Maybe charge like $3-5 since it would require a little further work, and would be highly valuable to folks like us...

DubleTap

Nov 19, 2011
    Great software, will definitely download when I get home.
    Since you already came up with it, here's a question for ya:

What are the odds, or how possible would it be, to adjust this software to create an inventory system for us 'Preppers', incorporating expiration dates, quantities, locations of storage, etc. for us to track reserve stock? Maybe charge like $3-5 since it would require a little further work, and would be highly valuable to folks like us...

As a fellow "Prepper" I am in support of this idea, immensely. Having a third "Module" or whatever you may wish to call it, where we could track Medical Supplies, Food, Stored Fuel, Battery Install Dates, etc etc, would be great. May I suggest the easiest way would be the 3rd section with either Pull Down Category Menus were you select a category for an item (Fuel, MEd Supplies, Food and of course everyones favorite MISC!) and location and Expiration Date. I dont want to get to Gung Ho and make it a time consuming update. But I tell you what, a Prepper Database would be a marketable program.

Just my thoughts.
    Ron

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    It would not be too hard to setup I guess. Let me figure this other issue out first and see what I can come up with. PM me some items that you might want to track and I assume quantites would be a column and then how detail for location? I can se t a text field so you can set long and lat or an address. That would give the most flexability.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom