• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    This seems to be an appropriate place to go on a mini-rant.

I know that there are people here that make serious sacrifices of time, money, and energy to further our cause. I thank you so much.

I know that often the lawyers have to deal with the same question over and over again, and yet they remain patient and helpful.

My problem is with people that 'talk the talk' but refuse to get active. I have many friends that are 'pro-gun' and 'pro-carry' but can't be troubled to send an email, much less send a few bucks to MSI or SAF.

I have taken my lunch break each day to send emails and call legislators, and yet I have friends that complain about MD's gun laws who refuse to take 5 minutes to send off some emails.

Just disappointing. People who may have the 'correct views' but don't understand that we are the underdogs and part of our 'views' should include a strong desire to make our presence known.

In conclusion, this is a thank-you to the community here, and my way of venting about the non-active community who refuses to become active.

Last_Exile

Enthusiast of all things
    Sep 6, 2011
    AA, MD

I know that there are people here that make serious sacrifices of time, money, and energy to further our cause. I thank you so much.

I know that often the lawyers have to deal with the same question over and over again, and yet they remain patient and helpful.

My problem is with people that 'talk the talk' but refuse to get active. I have many friends that are 'pro-gun' and 'pro-carry' but can't be troubled to send an email, much less send a few bucks to MSI or SAF.

I have taken my lunch break each day to send emails and call legislators, and yet I have friends that complain about MD's gun laws who refuse to take 5 minutes to send off some emails.

Just disappointing. People who may have the 'correct views' but don't understand that we are the underdogs and part of our 'views' should include a strong desire to make our presence known.

In conclusion, this is a thank-you to the community here, and my way of venting about the non-active community who refuses to become active.

I agree that not enough people get active. I'm new to the scene, but I have already realized that I have to contribute time and money or be prepared to just put up with the consequences.. which I refuse to do! I sent email's today and will be contributing money for the first time. If more people did the same, we would be that much better off!

For state-level issues, every person does make a difference and every donation helps. The only question is: is the issue important to you or not? I've decided that it is.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I haven't wrote letters but I have sent MANY emails when needed to express my feelings on my gun right or on whatever bill is up for a vote. I am a member and support MSI, SAF, and the NRA, (in that order).

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

Could not agree more. The first thing many people need to do even before writing the letters or sending the money or joining the org, is get out and vote each and every election. I can't tell you how many people that will rant and rave about this political figure or that political figure but when you ask them if they took the time to go to the poles and vote, they tell you no, followed by a list of excuses of the reasons why they did not vote.

The only reason the fail to mention as well as being the only reason that is true, THEY ARE JUST TO LAZY.

People get out and vote each and every time there is an election. Educate yourself about who is running and their views on guns and 2A rights. VOTE! after that join the Org's that also fight for your rights.

Example. I have always been a member of the NRA. I mean how can a gun person that even cares a small amount about 2A rights not be a member of the NRA. But when I learned about the great work the MSI people have been doing, as well as the the work the SAF is doing in this Woollard case, I feel I could not take part in any of these forums to gripe about these issues if I was not a member of both the MSI and SAF.

Memberships the these org's is very affordable and how can you not send in your $10 - $15 to them with all that they are doing for all of us is a very small price to pay!

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Could not agree more. The first thing many people need to do even before writing the letters or sending the money or joining the org, is get out and vote each and every election. I can't tell you how many people that will rant and rave about this political figure or that political figure but when you ask them if they took the time to go to the poles and vote, they tell you no, followed by a list of excuses of the reasons why they did not vote.

The only reason the fail to mention as well as being the only reason that is true, THEY ARE JUST TO LAZY.

People get out and vote each and every time there is an election. Educate yourself about who is running and their views on guns and 2A rights. VOTE! after that join the Org's that also fight for your rights.

So, who's running in opposition?

stiffin71

May 3, 2012
    Invisible in plain sight
    Tell me what you think after you read this.
    As far as what am I doing, I am NRA-MSI member, I have involved my family and currently passing out MSI flyers, making conversation in circles about gunownership and the importance of the right to bear arms, buy local, and still working on becoming an instructor and volunteer at range, bring different people to the range be it family or friend and let them fire my weapons to show them that used in a sporting and recreational way is empowering, fun, learn skills, lose fear of guns by being around them, male female young old blk or white or yellow, me personally when the Gun store called me to pick up my new AR-15 it was like the Doctor telling me It's a Healthy Baby boy or Girl whatever, it was a proud moment for me because I have managed to stay out of trouble my whole life and was granted clearance to own a really nice weapon and don't take it lightly.

stiffin71

May 3, 2012
    Invisible in plain sight
    Recognizing that the need to arm the populace as a militia is no longer of much concern, but also realizing that firearms are a part of our history and culture and are used by many for both personal defense and sport, this site has proposed a new 2nd Amendment — an amendment to replace the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution. This proposed text is offered as a way to spark discussion of the topic.

Section 1. The second article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is hereby repealed.

Section 2. The right of the people to keep arms reasonable for hunting, sport, collecting, and personal defense shall not be infringed.

Section 3. Restrictions of arms must be found to be reasonable under Section 2 by a two-thirds vote of Congress in two consecutive sessions of Congress before they can be forwarded to the President for approval.

stiffin71

May 3, 2012
    Invisible in plain sight
    I love guns, guns love me, together we're one big family, with a click click boom and blow to smithereens, 30 round clips are all I need, with a bang bang here a boom boom there here a bang there a boom everywhere a bang boom, Sing it with me now!

"Really" I am not crazy just bored, I am at work on a Saturday and really want to be marinating something tasty for the open pit grill.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Recognizing that the need to arm the populace as a militia is no longer of much concern, but also realizing that firearms are a part of our history and culture and are used by many for both personal defense and sport, this site has proposed a new 2nd Amendment — an amendment to replace the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution. This proposed text is offered as a way to spark discussion of the topic.

Section 1. The second article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is hereby repealed.

Section 2. The right of the people to keep arms reasonable for hunting, sport, collecting, and personal defense shall not be infringed.

Section 3. Restrictions of arms must be found to be reasonable under Section 2 by a two-thirds vote of Congress in two consecutive sessions of Congress before they can be forwarded to the President for approval.

No messin' with the Constitution, Dooood!

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

This is not funny at all.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Tell me what you think after you read this.
    As far as what am I doing, I am NRA-MSI member, I have involved my family and currently passing out MSI flyers, making conversation in circles about gunownership and the importance of the right to bear arms, buy local, and still working on becoming an instructor and volunteer at range, bring different people to the range be it family or friend and let them fire my weapons to show them that used in a sporting and recreational way is empowering, fun, learn skills, lose fear of guns by being around them, male female young old blk or white or yellow, me personally when the Gun store called me to pick up my new AR-15 it was like the Doctor telling me It's a Healthy Baby boy or Girl whatever, it was a proud moment for me because I have managed to stay out of trouble my whole life and was granted clearance to own a really nice weapon and don't take it lightly.

I think your doing your part. Throw in that you always vote as well as encourage others to vote and your the whole package.

Knupp

Usurper of Cookies
    Feb 9, 2010
    Pasadena
    So, tell us here, in this thread, what are you doing to help the cause?

I spend time sending emails to our legislature here in MD and our national reps regarding issues that come to my attention (which I suspect most on these forums do).

Also, I am in a unique position to train police; so I spend time teaching young officers about the 4th Amendment and the 2nd Amendment so that they have the knowledge to NOT violate law abiding citizens' rights or become the subject of yet another Dateline special.

I know many of you have (past and present) discussed at length "that officer" who hasseled while you were going to or coming from the range, not to mention those who have CCW. This seems especially pertinent in light of the Woollard v Sheridan since LEO's in MD are going to be seeing people on the street with concealed carry alot more. If knowledge is power, I want to arm our officers well before they come into contact with you, the public.

So, that's what I am doing. :beer:

garyad

NO, NO and HELL NO! :tdown::tdown:

garyad

I spend time sending emails to our legislature here in MD and our national reps regarding issues that come to my attention (which I suspect most on these forums do).

Also, I am in a unique position to train police; so I spend time teaching young officers about the 4th Amendment and the 2nd Amendment so that they have the knowledge to NOT violate law abiding citizens' rights or become the subject of yet another Dateline special.

I know many of you have (past and present) discussed at length "that officer" who hasseled while you were going to or coming from the range, not to mention those who have CCW. This seems especially pertinent in light of the Woollard v Sheridan since LEO's in MD are going to be seeing people on the street with concealed carry alot more. If knowledge is power, I want to arm our officers well before they come into contact with you, the public.

So, that's what I am doing. :beer:

Do you instruct MD LEO's in general or are you connected to one particular agency? BTW thanks!

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    I've written a lot of letters to the editor championing individual rights, mostly gun. I've also taken a lot of newbs/anti's shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom