• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SlapShot

Jul 29, 2008
    Apparently, someone tried to break into Fred's early this morning...

BURGLARY ATTEMPT: On August 19 at 2:30 a.m., a Charles County Sheriff’s officer heard an intrusion alarm at Fred’s Sports located in the 2800 block of Crain Highway in Waldorf. The officer checked the exterior of the business and found fresh pry marks on a side door. The suspects fled prior to gaining entry. Officer B. Virts investigated.

http://www.ccso.us/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=469

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    :innocent0 ... I think they were after some Oak Furniture.

Seriously, the owners are fed up and ready to pack it in. Their prices are high, but I do like some of the guys that work there. Gun shops are very few and far between down this way.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Karma's a beeyotch maybe?

Can't say I place the majority of the blame on Fred's, though. For all we know, someone strong-armed him... threatened to find "discrepancies" in his paperwork, or pay him "extra special attention", if he didn't keep a "voluntary" log. The way the political goons in this state operate, it wouldn't surprise me at all...

In any case, it's not the log entries, but the Gestapo-style way it was used, that is the greatest concern.

This single "raid" might provide sufficient motivation, all by itself, to convince Maryland ammo sellers, en masse, to tell the jackboots to shove their logs.

Petition drive?

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Imagine if the thieves would have gotten in and stolen that log book full of your names and addresses.

Nothing like getting a nice shopping list for future work.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Karma's a beeyotch maybe?

Can't say I place the majority of the blame on Fred's, though. For all we know, someone strong-armed him... threatened to find "discrepancies" in his paperwork, or pay him "extra special attention", if he didn't keep a "voluntary" log. The way the political goons in this state operate, it wouldn't surprise me at all...

In any case, it's not the log entries, but the Gestapo-style way it was used, that is the greatest concern.

This single "raid" might provide sufficient motivation, all by itself, to convince Maryland ammo sellers, en masse, to tell the jackboots to shove their logs.

Petition drive?

supposedly they got caught in an MSP sting where a 20yo cadet bought a box of handgun ammo, and made a deal with the devil to keep the ammo log.

This situation is a fine example of the "slippery slope" that can happen with registration of weapons/ammo, and the MSP acting as judge and jury. Imagine what would have happened if registered or encoded ammo was thrown into the mix

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    supposedly they got caught in an MSP sting where a 20yo cadet bought a box of handgun ammo, and made a deal with the devil to keep the ammo log.

And there it is.

A strange thing... just a few days before this story broke, I went to the Eldersburg Wal-Mart to buy some .380 ACP, since I was headed to the range to meet my brother-in-law who had just bought a new Bersa Thunder.

There was no one working the sporting goods counter, so I skipped buying any ammo there that day. I've never had my ID recorded there (that I can remember) but I've never bought pistol ammo there, either.

I don't own a .380 ACP pistol... If I would have bought ammo there and had my ID recorded, would the MSP have sent 6-7 SWAT'ed-out troopers to my home to conduct a midnight "interview" with me? :tdown:

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie

This situation is a fine example of the "slippery slope" that can happen with registration of weapons/ammo, and the MSP acting as judge and jury. Imagine what would have happened if registered or encoded ammo was thrown into the mix

I read in another thread or maybe this one they buy .380 ACP and claim there is no non-regulated long gun that uses .380 ACP.......but they make shotgun inserts that can fire .380 ACP.
    http://www.mcace.com/shotguninserts.htm

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I guess it's a good thing I didn't buy any .380 ACP the other week, then.

...especially since I have 2 dogs.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Hey, know what else I found? I found a .380 carbine that I don't think is on the regulated firearms list.

547.jpg

http://www.floridagunworks.com/Merc...uct_Code=547&Category_Code=FIREARMS+R+AMR+COB

Other pistol caliber rifles or carbines?....
    http://www.komotomo.com/carbines.html

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Hey, know what else I found? I found a .380 carbine that I don't think is on the regulated firearms list.

547.jpg

http://www.floridagunworks.com/Merc...uct_Code=547&Category_Code=FIREARMS+R+AMR+COB

Other pistol caliber rifles or carbines?....
    http://www.komotomo.com/carbines.html

Depends on whether you think it would be a copy of these ones that are on the list. Different caliber, so maybe not. These are the only MAC-based weapons I saw on the list.

Manchester Arms "Commando" MK-45, MK-9;

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Depends on whether you think it would be a copy of these ones that are on the list. Different caliber, so maybe not. These are the only MAC-based weapons I saw on the list.

Manchester Arms "Commando" MK-45, MK-9;

I tried to google that, but I could not find it to see what kind of gun it is. So if it is a MAC based gun, then there goes that idea.
    There is still the cartridge conversion inserts and sleeves for rifles though at least.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I take it back, I found something with google.
    Last the vertical hand grip both are aluminum but the Spitfire's has a more smoother finish and is slightly smaller, more Thompson looking.

The Apache was another firearm altogether it was simular in appearance but redesigned to be more Thompson like. That being instead of the round receiver it used a square receiver simular in design to the Thompson and used the Thompson magazines. And now fired closed bolt.

The early Volunteer Carbine was a 95% copy of the Spitfire. The safety which was now a cross bolt design that did not allow the sear to get jammed when firing. Also offered was your choice of stock styles, Vertical or Horizontal and in WOOD! This is significant in the fact that after firing a few mags the aluminum foregrip or heat sink as I call it gets too hot to hold. Thompson wood to be exact, to go along with the 1927 rear stock, which they all used.

Later the redesigned the firearm into the Volunteer Carbine III which took it design from the Apache.

From there it morphed into the Commando mark 45 and mark 9, Also in its last manufacture at Manchester Arms.
    http://www.hk94.com/hk/Spitfire-Submachine-Gun-t13238.html

More like a grease gun apparently.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads