• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • monkey

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Feb 20, 2012
    Monkey County
    If I am trying to get 2 NFA items (MG + Suppressor), is this the proper paperwork needed after getting MD CLEO signoff?

2 Form 4s for each NFA item = 4 Form 4s
    4 Passport Photos (1 taped on each Form 4...or are only 2 needed?)
    2 Blue FBI Fingerprint Cards (planning on getting these re-done again using LiveScan)
    1 ATF Form 5330.20 (machinegunpriceguide.com mentioned this)
    2 Checks for $200 each made to the ATF

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Mostly okay, but I would use a glue stick to paste the passport photos to the Form 4's. Yes, you will need four passport photos in your case, each pasted to the Form 4's. The only other thing, would be to definitely add another 5330.20 Citizenship Verification form. I would go ahead and just do four, two for each set. Remember, no one has really been denied for having too much paperwork (with-in reason), and the ATF reviewer can always toss it if it's not needed. That's what I've always done, and never had a problem. Good luck, and congrats on your MG... let me guess it's a MAC-10/M-11 variant? ;)

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    If you are sending everything in together in one envelope, you can do one check for $400. I assume that it is all transfering through the same dealer, correct?

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    If you are sending everything in together in one envelope, you can do one check for $400. I assume that it is all transfering through the same dealer, correct?

True, but I like separating the checks to make sure the numbnuts actually verify each packet before cashing your check. I also put the description in the check memo. No sense in hiding what the hell it's for to the ATF.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    True, but I like separating the checks to make sure the numbnuts actually verify each packet before cashing your check. I also put the description in the check memo. No sense in hiding what the hell it's for to the ATF.

OK, but one thing ATF has never had a problem doing is cashing my checks. And they have always credited payment to the correct transaction. My double check is to always call about a month and a half after the check clears to confirm that it has gone pending. That system has worked OK so far for 30+ stamps. :)

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    AAAHHHHH... it's everybody's first MG. Just like get'n on for the first time, your all confused and it fires so fast that it's over before you know it... but at 1200rpm :lol2:

If you put a Lage upper on it, it cuts the RPM in half. Thats why everyone is getting Macs now and the price is going up.

monkey

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Feb 20, 2012
    Monkey County
    AAAHHHHH... it's everybody's first MG. Just like get'n on for the first time, your all confused and it fires so fast that it's over before you know it... but at 1200rpm :lol2:

I think these days people's first are those slidefire stocks. It doesn't seem like they've made an impact on MG prices...yet. It looks like they just developed a kit for the 10/22.

I like the MAC 11 because with the Lage upper and a couple other goodies you can modernize it so it looks like an MP7. It's a lot harder to put an EOtech on a Sten or an Uzi.

MP7-11.JPG

MAX10FT.jpg

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I like the MAC 11 because with the Lage upper and a couple other goodies you can modernize it so it looks like an MP7. It's a lot harder to put an EOtech on a Sten or an Uzi.

Actually it's pretty easy with the Uzi. You just buy this top cover for $85. That's what I did. Not a picture of my gun, just a stock picture from the seller of these top covers.

Attachments

• U1.jpg
      U1.jpg
      31 KB · Views: 443
    • U2.jpg
      U2.jpg
      65 KB · Views: 395

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Yup, it's a MAC 11/9 and I'm on the Lage upper waitlist ;)

Yeah I have that same combination in the pipe myself. All forms are Pending Approval stage now so hopefully a couple of weeks left to wait.

I just got a Lage upper and bought a Lage 22 conversion kit from GB.

Dave

monkey

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Feb 20, 2012
    Monkey County
    Right now, my forms are with the MSP waiting to be signed off. Livescan results came back to me ok. I just hope I get it back from them before I leave if I get orders.

I thought about the 22 conversion, but I'll just leave that to my M&P15-22 Slidefire. I heard the 22 conversion is finicky, and the 15-22 was enough work just to get it running smoothly.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Not sure. Most 22 conversion kits I have used or seen need work to get them smooth. Part of the fun.

Will post when everything comes in.

Dave

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I thought about the 22 conversion, but I'll just leave that to my M&P15-22 Slidefire. I heard the 22 conversion is finicky, and the 15-22 was enough work just to get it running smoothly.

BIG mistake IMHO! I usually hate 22LR conversions. I don't own a single one for a semi and can't see myself ever getting one. Even guns like the M&P15-22 don't do anything for me. However the Lage Max11-22 is awesome. Yes it took me a while to get running and is still not exactly 100% but 40rd mags of 22LR in FA is awesome! Plus if you come shoot with us, we are going to have metal flipper targets for 22LR.

Not sure. Most 22 conversion kits I have used or seen need work to get them smooth. Part of the fun.

Yes My M11 Receiver is not in Spec so it took a second 22LR kit from Lage to get it running but now that it is, its awesome. Well worth the hassle. You just have to know on a gun like the Mac that everything is not always going to be plug and play...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom