• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andrewtac

Feb 18, 2013
    Rusty also did mine, worked with me and was patient. Recommend to others. Finally getting around to applying for the stamp, maybe in a year I'll get my stuff.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Trusts are governed by state law. Any person with a trust that relocates to a new state of RESIDENCE will need to have their trust reviewed by a competent legal professional in that jurisdiction to ensure that the trust complies with state trust law (unless, of course, the NFA items or other property held in trust remains in the original jurisdiction).

Would the trust need to be re domiciled.. given that if I move IG would be to a less hostile state, would there be any advantage in just redoing the trust. Would that trigger a transfer and thus a. New tax stamp?

Not sure if its better to wait till after I know if I am moving..

Is it possible to establish a trust in a state you don't live in yet?

If too many questions I can drop by and if need be pay for your time ( asuming I proceed now)

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    Would the trust need to be re domiciled.. given that if I move IG would be to a less hostile state, would there be any advantage in just redoing the trust. Would that trigger a transfer and thus a. New tax stamp?

Not sure if its better to wait till after I know if I am moving..

Is it possible to establish a trust in a state you don't live in yet?

If too many questions I can drop by and if need be pay for your time ( asuming I proceed now)

You should contact me at my firm to discuss your matter. You can find my contact information in my IP subforum here: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=110168

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom