• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Well I sent in a 5320.20 about the 12th of May right before I went on vacation. I still have not received it back.

How long are 5320.20's taking these days? Anyone know?

Dave

jason.krywicki

Sep 8, 2007
    GB, MD
    About a month for my last batch. It was weird too - they were split amongst two examiners and I received them back as two batches on different (but within a few) days.

Jason

jason.krywicki

Sep 8, 2007
    GB, MD
    Good question. I've never thought to do that with a 5320.20. Maybe you could?

On another note, I thought I saw a blurb somewhere on the intertubes that Form 1 and 4s were taking upwards of 9 months to get back now. Anybody else been experiencing this? Maybe if true, the Form 20s are taking even longer than their normal few weeks or so?

Jason

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I'm coming up on 7 months from pending for my osprey

Did you call them to see if there were any issues or if it is Pending Approval rather than just Pending?

NFA Tracker is still showing right around 6 months for approvals. hope that hold i have 4 items in the pipe right now.

But, as far as my 5320.20s I need those back or I cannot go to a range in W.Va to shoot some steel.

Seems like by the time I get them back they will be expired. :D

Dave

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    Did you call them to see if there were any issues or if it is Pending Approval rather than just Pending?

NFA Tracker is still showing right around 6 months for approvals. hope that hold i have 4 items in the pipe right now.

But, as far as my 5320.20s I need those back or I cannot go to a range in W.Va to shoot some steel.

Seems like by the time I get them back they will be expired. :D

Dave

I did. It's pending final approval as of May, but they wouldn't give me a hard date. I'm hoping to get a call sometime soon. Just in time to submit my forst form 1 for an SBR.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Well just over 45 days and still no 5320.20. Cant go shooting at one of my fun spots with my fun toys without it. Wonder if thy lost it. Will try calling today and check on it if that is possible.

Dave

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    That has happened to me in the past where I haven't received the signed form back in time for a trip. Last time It happened i called the general NFA number and they connected me to Pickles. He pulled it up, scanned an approved copy right there on the spot and emailed it to me. He was very helpful...not sure if he does that on a regular basis but worth a try.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Well I have called twice now to check on this. The forms went pending May 15th. Christina Farris has them. They transferred me to her desk each time I called and all I get is her voice mail. I have left two messages and still no word. Oh well.

Dave

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Well I called and checked. My 5320.20 got approved July 19th. Wow that is a LONG time. Oh well, better late than never. Will fill out my next set WAY early and hopefuly get them back before this set expires.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom