• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Frosh can say anything he wants but it doesn't count, until the AG office files that 1 page piece of paper called "notice of appeal".

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I just emailed the Governor to encourage him to stop the AG (if he can). Silly for frosh to pi$$ away tax dollars in order to try to take our rights away (again).

Think about dropping the Governor an email coming at it from money angle. He may be able to politically stop frosh even if he doesn't have the power to make him stop.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    In the real world, litigation is measured by $$. "The State", aka government is not the real world, they have no skin in the game concerning dollars, they just confiscate what they need. There was never a doubt this would keep going..

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I just emailed the Governor to encourage him to stop the AG (if he can). Silly for frosh to pi$$ away tax dollars in order to try to take our rights away (again).

Think about dropping the Governor an email coming at it from money angle. He may be able to politically stop frosh even if he doesn't have the power to make him stop.

:nono:

We want Frosh to go the distance. With the state on the losing side, there is a better chance for the SCOTUS to join the fray, and put these AWB and mag limit laws to bed.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Frosh looks sick to me. Hopefully, our so called god will end his misery and let us be. He should not be permitted to file an appeal without Hogan's approval. I won't be around to see that turd flushed, but he needs to be put far out to sea.

Lew--Ranger63

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Of course he will appeal. He believes in this law. He drafted it. Can't wait.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Nothin' would make me happier than to see all this blow up in his face.:evilgrin3

I remember all that talk when Gansler appealed Woolard. People that actually want this to keep going in lieu of the state backing down (which is moot regardless) really haven't been in a lot of court rooms, or are gluttons for punishment.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I remember all that talk when Gansler appealed Woolard. People that actually want this to keep going in lieu of the state backing down (which is moot regardless) really haven't been in a lot of court rooms, or are gluttons for punishment.

We prefer the term sadomasochist, thank you very much!

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    I can't read the whole article because of the paywall. Is he saying he will request en banc or is he saying he will appeal to SCOTUS? En banc we should know in 2 weeks...

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I would rather spend millions of dollars fighting for our freedom, before boolits are shot to restore our freedom.

I am not opposed to fighting but am not clear what we gain. Does he simply get beat more at a higher level? What does that get us.

I'm not arguing, I am really not clear what the possible gain is.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    How long can he delay the process? Years? I would think his primary goal is to negate the recent ruling but if that is looking like it won't happen, his secondary goal would be to delay it for as long as possible. Why, when these laws are negated by the courts, don't they immediately become void and reinstated if/when the ruling is appealed and won?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I am not opposed to fighting but am not clear what we gain. Does he simply get beat more at a higher level? What does that get us.

I'm not arguing, I am really not clear what the possible gain is.

Getting Strict scrutiny applied, the state will have to prove their argument, instead of only using "it's for the children" or "public safety" defense.

That is a big deal, because the burden of proof has shifted from "The People" to "The State".

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    :nono:

We want Frosh to go the distance. With the state on the losing side, there is a better chance for the SCOTUS to join the fray, and put these AWB and mag limit laws to bed.

Nothin' would make me happier than to see all this blow up in his face.:evilgrin3

If Frau Hitlery gets in there, appoints another "wise Latina" :sarcasm: to the SCOTUS, and this thing drags out long enough, then all this might just blow up in our faces!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom