• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Am I missing something here? I have supported MSI and will continue to do so but for those MDS members who are not MSI members and who might be inclined to participate in the 2A Tuesday event, wouldn't it be helpful to promote it on this website as well? We need all the help we can get from wherever we can get it.

By the way, I will be in Annapolis on 2/2.

You just did!!

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I've long supported that, since we have HQL on the books, one 77R-type check per year (based on your HQL date, so as not to overwhelm the system) should be sufficient, regardless of the number of purchases... but subject to the 30-day rule for non-DC letter holders.

Everyone else would be able to purchase per the pre-FSA rules, with the full 77R cavity search, etc.

If you have an HQL, and get in trouble, they revoke it. Pure and simple. Why more 77r checks? Another 77r check is tantamount to asking whether MSP is doing their job right.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Just remember to try and get people who have never been before to come, as well!!

It's an important step in preserving our ability to protect ourselves and our families.

Self-defense is a CIVIL RIGHT...

Good point on getting new people to attend. Here's some helpful info for those who've never attended.

Best option for parking is at the Navy Marine Corp Football Stadium (pictured below) There is a shuttle bus every 10 minutes or so that will take downtown for a couple of dollars or if it's a nice day it's not a bad walk.

Leave your pocket knife in your car. You'll be OK in Lawyers Mall but won't be allowed to get into any of the buildings.

Lots of places to eat over on Main St. a couple of blocks away. Dunkin' Donuts is a favorite meeting place in the morning.

Dress, I don't want to open a can of worms here but it's probably not in our best interest to come off looking like a bunch of Redneck yahoo's. I would suggest at least business casual if you're planning on meeting with your representatives. I usually wear a coat & tie (with NRA hat outside), but that's just me.
    I believe it was last year everyone was asked to wear blue :shrug:

Attachments

• annapolis parking.jpg
      annapolis parking.jpg
      94.1 KB · Views: 244
    • Lawyers square.JPG
      Lawyers square.JPG
      141 KB · Views: 239
    • Eat 2.jpg
      Eat 2.jpg
      145.8 KB · Views: 245

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    If you have an HQL, and get in trouble, they revoke it. Pure and simple. Why more 77r checks? Another 77r check is tantamount to asking whether MSP is doing their job right.

They don't revoke anything, as they are not continually monitoring for prohibited violations to the HQL. The only way they will know you have become a prohibited person is your next handgun purchase.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    For those that are coming, a few updates:

Schedule:

0900 - 1000 Citizen Lobbyist training - How to become a citizen lobbyist. Room 145, House Office Building
    0900 - 1000 Meet the organizations - Room 142 House Office Building
    1000 - 1200 2A Tuesday Rally - Lawyers Mall
    1200 - 1300 - Meet with your elected officials (Do NOT go to lunch)
    1300 - 1400 - Meet the Organizations - Room 142 House Office Building
    1400 - 1600 - Ask the Organizations anything - Room 145 House Office Building.

The above may change a bit, but not much if at all.

Meeting you elected officials - Make an appointment, and then bring a bunch of friends. That way you are guaranteed to see them instead of his assistant. Also, if you stop by your elected official's office and they are not there, have some way to provide them your information quickly, like a personal business card or even a part of a file card with a return address label on it with your name, address and your district.

Foul weather - If Anne Arundel County schools are closed, the events are cancelled, in Anne Arundel County schools are delayed, or any other school districts are closed, we will still have the event. We would encourage folks to be concerned for their own safety first, if the weather is such that you can't make it, or don't feel comfortable trying, then DON'T. Let me repeat that, DO NOT put this event above your safety.

We are working to get the website updated, if anyone would like to help with content please send me a PM.

Last edited:

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    For those that are coming, a few updates:

Schedule:

0900 - 1000 Citizen Lobbyist training - How to become a citizen lobbyist. Room 145, House Office Building
    0900 - 1000 Meet the organizations - Room 142 House Office Building
    1000 - 1200 2A Tuesday Rally - Lawyers Mall
    1200 - 1300 - Meet with your elected officials (Do NOT go to lunch)
    1300 - 1400 - Meet the Organizations - Room 142 House Office Building
    1400 - 1600 - Ask the Organizations anything - Room 145 House Office Building.

The above may change a bit, but not much if at all.

Meeting you elected officials - Make an appointment, and then bring a bunch of friends. That way you are guaranteed to see them instead of his assistant. Also, if you stop by your elected official's office and they are not there, have some way to provide them your information quickly, like a personal business card or even a part of a file card with a return address label on it with your name, address and your district.

Foul weather - If Anne Arundel County schools are closed, the events are cancelled, in Anne Arundel County schools are delayed, or any other school districts are closed, we will still ahem the event. We would encourage folks to be concerned for their own safety first, if the weather is such that you can't make it, or don't feel comfortable trying, then DON'T. Let me repeat that, DO NOT put your safety above this event.

We are working to get the website updated, if anyone would like to help with content please send me a PM.

I'm as dedicated as the next guy, but...when's lunch? :innocent0

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    The organizing committee came up with a schedule of activities; we would love for our community to participate in as much as possible.

As far as lunch is concerned - our only real request to the community is to please consider waiting a bit. The legislators will all head to their committee assignments for activity at 1300. If you are going to have an opportunity to meet with them (and please try to schedule appointments if you can, it helps to get actual face time with the legislator, not just their staff), it will have to happen before 1300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom