• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Donating to Fund the HQL Lawsuit

• Yes - I have/will donate as this is our best bet.

Votes: 98 59.4%
    • Yes - Win or lose, I won't stop fighting.

Votes: 31 18.8%
    • No - I don't think it stands snowballs chance.

Votes: 29 17.6%
    • No - I think the HQL is a good common sense measure.

Votes: 1 0.6%
    • Undecided - I'm going around in circles.

Votes: 6 3.6%

• Total voters

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Curious as to the number of folks willing to pony up to challenge the HQL in court.

For me I'm in the won't give up catagory.

Applehd, thanks for the link.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Dupe or not, I say let the poll run its course.

OP, You forgot option #6: I'll flap my gums over the evil that is the HQL, but I'll keep my money neatly tucked away.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Because the pen is mightier than the sword, journalists should be required to have a PQL.

How would that go over with the press?

Contribute $$ to the battle now, and often.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Donated to stay in the fight, but I must admit I don't think we much of a chance. Make no mistake I believe the HQL requirement is onerous, and in some cases redundant, and IMHO unconstitutional. That said, qualification and licensing requirements have been upheld before, so unless we have a new argument, or the tide has shifted within the judiciary, I am not optimistic.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I don't really look at this thread being a dupe, more of a accompanying thread to gather numbers on the support for the lawsuit, with a couple of choices of why people are or are not going to support the lawsuit. This way I don't have to go through the other thread and try and tally results.

Also in the other thread a progress magazine has been posted, looks like we have one round in it so far.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Dupe or not, I say let the poll run its course.

OP, You forgot option #6: I'll flap my gums over the evil that is the HQL, but I'll keep my money neatly tucked away.

I think #5 kinda covers it, running mouth for but not opening wallet (if you can afford it) will keep you chasing your own tail.:D

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I chose option 7 -Going in circles but I did pony up. The real poll is the magazine and how quickly it gets loaded will tell the/a tale. First round might be initial knee jerk reaction and if it gets loaded quickly ... Well at the least it has backers. HQL could be shot down but would this come to a battle against the Bloomberg machine in any way ( his mags are full). See , going in circles. Just my $40&.02.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Is there enough money now to get the complaint filed and public? I'd like to read it then decide.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Why are #1 and #2 mutually exclusive?

Depends on your frame of mind I suppose, in my current attitude I don't have much faith in the court, so for me it's option #2 kinda of a Alamo stand as in hope seems very dim, but going to keep swinging anyway.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Is there enough money now to get the complaint filed and public? I'd like to read it then decide.

We could get the complaint filed, but if we don't have the money for the follow through (depositions, research, etc.) then what?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    We could get the complaint filed, but if we don't have the money for the follow through (depositions, research, etc.) then what?

Correction, don't file it. I've have received them to ponder before filing. :innocent0

Reading other states law that were upheld, I'd like to see the angle here. Is the attempt to get rid of training? Doesn't NJ require a permit to buy that is good for only 90 days? That has been around fairly long?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Without going into too much detail that ultimate goal would be to get rid of the HQL in it's entirety.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Without going into too much detail that ultimate goal would be to get rid of the HQL in it's entirety.

This is what amuses me. You already know legal battles have nothing to do with cloak and dagger. I'm just trying to ascertain what is the major difference in the HQL from what other states impose and were held up by the court. Doesn't IL, NJ , MA have some regulations ? You think tipping your hand now makes any difference? If people have something tangible to back (complaint on paper) you don't think that will get more support? We have this to go on;

I never guarantee anything, but this is not a "loser" of a case.

That reads nice coming from an attorney, why not a bit of breaking it down to laymen? It's always "this is a slam dunk" but the meat is always a mystery. Is this something where if the training can be challenged, the entire thing goes away? Looks like NJ does not require training, but #29 :sad20: Looks there you better have friends to affirm your rights. http://www.njsp.org/info/pdf/firearms/sts-033.pdf

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I can't believe there is anyone that won't throw 10 bucks at this lawsuit. Even if they think it doesn't have a snowballs chance, what if it made it? Those six people (now 9 :sad20:) should be ashamed. I sure hope they never complain about one damn thing about our 2A Rights in this State.

I'm in the won't stop fighting camp.

Last edited:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I answered #2, but don't think those top questions are mutually exclusive, as others have noted.

Donated towards the lawsuit last night instead of more ammo. Will contribute more.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Curious as to the number of folks willing to pony up to challenge the HQL in court.

For me I'm in the won't give up catagory.

Applehd, thanks for the link.

Both choice #1 and #2 described my mindset. Chose #1 since #2 goes until I go to the great beyond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom