• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowpuma

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2015
    I have a new uNfired Sig MCX 5.56 and a new unfired Windham AR15. Both purchased from Duffys. I have a nice safe, over 30 high cap mags, necessary tools and lots research time plus 1500 rounds of assorted ammo to test out.

What I do not have is rifle experience or HQL. I need to find a reliable HQL in Baltimore or Harford County ASAP. Looking for this. Tim Von Eiff through continental stood me up and Horst is booked through feb. prefer sooner.

I am also willing to pay for an hour or two of private training on the rifle. I have only youtubed and googled zeroing sights. I'd prefer an experienced person with patience and respect to spend a couple hours really showing me my way around.

I'm a new owner because I believe my 2nd amendment right may be infringed. And I feel I should be prepared and that in the years ahead I may need it to avoid being a sheep. But I want to get experience and learn proper safety etc. as well, so as my children nature I can safely introduce them. For now they think the safe has valuables.

I also want to pursue the requirements to get a couple suppressors (esp for MCX) and become proficient enough to mod and work on my rifles. I got the MCX because I think it's a bad ass system. Then I picked up the Windham DI for a project rifle. And if there is truly a SHTF situation I should know how to personally work on both piston and DI rifles.

Any recommendations on HQL and/or super friendly experienced posters that want to help me out would be great. If you don't want actual compensation I will pay for range time and ammo. I am available Monday 12noon -7pm.

Once I learn more basics and become confident I will put more time into the hobby.

Give me a shout fellas!

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Welcome!

There are a number of IP's that do the HQL and there are some shops that do a reasonable package deal with in house finger printing etc.

yellowpuma

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2015
    Thanks

Hoping to hear more. I prefer the whole HQL package and would like to complete before pursuing the suppressors since I think it helps cover some pre reqs. Once HQL is done I'll go back to Duffys to talk suppressors.

Plus if Sanders makes it in lord help us all. I need to get my goods now.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Dave at Blue Fins will be able to help with the HQL process and I am always willing to make pew pew noises. Also I've been wanting to check out the MCX for a while.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]P[/FONT]lease consider donating to help [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fight Maryland's HQ[FONT=&quot]L[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I have a new uNfired Sig MCX 5.56 and a new unfired Windham AR15. Both purchased from Duffys. I have a nice safe, over 30 high cap mags, necessary tools and lots research time plus 1500 rounds of assorted ammo to test out.

What I do not have is rifle experience or HQL. I need to find a reliable HQL in Baltimore or Harford County ASAP. Looking for this. Tim Von Eiff through continental stood me up and Horst is booked through feb. prefer sooner.

I am also willing to pay for an hour or two of private training on the rifle. I have only youtubed and googled zeroing sights. I'd prefer an experienced person with patience and respect to spend a couple hours really showing me my way around.

I'm a new owner because I believe my 2nd amendment right may be infringed. And I feel I should be prepared and that in the years ahead I may need it to avoid being a sheep. But I want to get experience and learn proper safety etc. as well, so as my children nature I can safely introduce them. For now they think the safe has valuables.

I also want to pursue the requirements to get a couple suppressors (esp for MCX) and become proficient enough to mod and work on my rifles. I got the MCX because I think it's a bad ass system. Then I picked up the Windham DI for a project rifle. And if there is truly a SHTF situation I should know how to personally work on both piston and DI rifles.

Any recommendations on HQL and/or super friendly experienced posters that want to help me out would be great. If you don't want actual compensation I will pay for range time and ammo. I am available Monday 12noon -7pm.

Once I learn more basics and become confident I will put more time into the hobby.

Give me a shout fellas!

There was a group doing HQL class at the Howard county gun show. They will probably be at the Fredrick show next weekend.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Howdy. Join the fight.

www.marylandshallissue.org

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members