Who Wants to Help US Shut Down Annapolis Again?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Yeah, isn't that just a shame now.

Joke is (and has been) on us, question is, what WILL work. Milling around like a bunch of whack jobs doesn't seem very effective to me.

I think we try to stop these laws. We will likely be unsuccessful, but then Gov Hogan has the opportunity to veto them. That will be the most telling action he will have taken in favor of the 2A. I always attend hearing days, so we will see the reception we receive this year.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Yeah, isn't that just a shame now.

Joke is (and has been) on us, question is, what WILL work. Milling around like a bunch of whack jobs doesn't seem very effective to me.

Testifying at the hearings is hardly "milling around like a bunch of whack jobs."

Back on topic, are you coming and if so, what date(s)?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Yes, on the 9th.

"shutting down Annapolis" would take more than 200 people.

What do you suppose will be different THIS time? Hundreds of people in opposition vs a dozen in support.... and the bills still fly through...

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Yes, on the 9th.

"shutting down Annapolis" would take more than 200 people.

What do you suppose will be different THIS time? Hundreds of people in opposition vs a dozen in support.... and the bills still fly through...

By the showing of 4,000 and the worst law ever passed in MD taking effect ... proves this an ineffective approach.

The real action is to start picking them off at the ballot box.

Busch is vulnerable.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    It occurs to me that the anti legislators are coming at us from all directions. Would it not be effective for us to do the same to them?

Someone mentioned earlier testifying against their pet bills. I think this is a good idea. I also think we can sink them "back home" - at HOA meetings, BBQs, their fundraisers, etc. Get creative. Stand up in their community in full view of all and sundry and ask them why they oppose Civil Rights. Get a chair and a sign and sit at functions. Get creative. Look at what the #BLM anarchists were able to get done.

It may be a lame concept, but it's much better than folding up and playing dead for the rest of the year IMO.

I'm done. Discuss.

Mr H

Banana'd
    It occurs to me that the anti legislators are coming at us from all directions. Would it not be effective for us to do the same to them?

Someone mentioned earlier testifying against their pet bills. I think this is a good idea. I also think we can sink them "back home" - at HOA meetings, BBQs, their fundraisers, etc. Get creative. Stand up in their community in full view of all and sundry and ask them why they oppose Civil Rights. Get a chair and a sign and sit at functions. Get creative. Look at what the #BLM anarchists were able to get done.

It may be a lame concept, but it's much better than folding up and playing dead for the rest of the year IMO.

I'm done. Discuss.

:thumbsup:

This works, too.

#SaveMaryland

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

I'm done. Discuss.

:thumbsup: agreed

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    By the showing of 4,000 and the worst law ever passed in MD taking effect ... proves this an ineffective approach.

The real action is to start picking them off at the ballot box.

Busch is vulnerable.

The ballot box hasn't been that successful. People have said for years that "Busch is vulnerable," but he keeps getting re-elected both to the MGA (since '87) and as Speaker (since '03), too. It must be a politically attractive vulnerability.

I think his next race is in 2018. He might get too old and retire before voters ever decide to retire him.

His wiki bio mentions crime and safety legislation, but not FSA2013 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_E._Busch

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    The ballot box hasn't been that successful. People have said for years that "Busch is vulnerable," but he keeps getting re-elected both to the MGA (since '87) and as Speaker (since '03), too. It must be a politically attractive vulnerability.

I think his next race is in 2018. He might get too old and retire before voters ever decide to retire him.

His wiki bio mentions crime and safety legislation, but not FSA2013 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_E._Busch

I'm saying we need to mount a concerted effort to remove him from office.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Because in this state legislators pick their voters not the other way around. :mad54::mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom