• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    That guy got exactly what he deserved! He was asking for it, standing there minding his own business, not bothering anybody. Asking for it I tell you, ASKING FOR IT! :sarcasm:

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    Philly has lost about half a dozen lawsuits recently backed by PAFOA for people legally carrying. In just about every one additional training requirements are part of the settlement, along with the monetary sum for the victim. The problem is that the police and city brass still push their anti-rights agenda with "unofficial" procedures, and the mandated training ends up being a short video or memo that basically gets ignored. The law is very clear, and at this point police on the street and the city leaders choose to basically ignore it, and just pay out lawsuit settlements with tax money. It has turned into a stalemate, someone is sighted carrying legally, police arrest them or harass them, following their unlawful policy, then those people sue and win. It's up there with the Katrina gun confiscations as a city's affront to the rights of it's citizens, and the willingness of police to go along with unlawful policies, some more than others. It will continue, and will probably end up with someone getting killed over it, the courts so far will not arrest politicians or police brass for contempt of court, and as long as lawsuits are paid from the general fund without individuals getting sued or charged with crimes, there really is no punishment so far that will deter Philly from continuing.

It sounds like a good way to make a few thousand dollars...I mean I do owe some taxes...

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    Driving while white.........no I was speeding I admit it.
    What was the outcome, serious question. Did you badge them? ID them? FOP, ID, Badge them. Odd questions, but I have had MoCo pull me over and get anal at times.

In MoCo, no real need to have the Glock on your seat IMO. Driving through certain parts of DC or Baltimore City, it is on my lap.

In ref to the video, just by looking at the video, that SGT will and could lose his stripes, I prefer his job. That was just uncalled for! :mad54:

ALBY

Jan 5, 2008
    a frankenstein choke ? are you shitting me ? he should've broke both of the offending thumbs.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Was it Florida where some state law was made which would make the local LEO's/politicians financially liable with their own money for just this kind of thing? It put a stop to whatever the problem was virtually instantaneously.

That would take a state law, and probably more cajones than the majority of politicians have, but it would fix it, especially being one small area of the state has the problem, and the rest doesn't. Philly is slick though, and very creative, they will pass flat out illegal laws that they know won't stand up to state pre-emption, but they do it anyway, and basically make citizens foot the bill for lawyers to fight it, in some cases the state has gone after them, but they will scurry around just enough to not get hammered.

This is a good example, and there are a lot more out there. IMO there has been enough training that police who want to follow this particular law are aware of it, if they still harass or attack people carrying legally, the officer should be charged criminally, and any officer in a leadersip role that officially or unoficcially implements a policy in violation of PA law should be held in contempt. I support police, respect their lawful authority, and realize the value of enforcing laws, but when individuals, departments, and an entire city go to such great lengths to enforce what isn't law it's shameful, I have no repect for them, they are an embarasment to others in uniform.

1. Get CCW permit
    2. Go to Philly
    3. Get arrested, choked, or threatened at gun point by the police
    4. Profit

pretty much. There are a few people from PAFOA that OC with permits and hatcams in Philly. Some of the settlements have been decent, but depending on how much you get out of the deal it may not be worth the time to deal with getting arrested, your peice confiscated, and have to fight bogus BS charges first before the civil suit even begins, even then you may have to appeal the civil suit and criminal charges to get a court out of the city in order to win. Most other juristictions have stopped the BS through an honest effort to train and educate their officers. In the rest of the state if the police are called they may dispatch, say hi to the person OCing then leave without checking anything(no permit required for OC outside of Philly), or some have basically explained to the caller without any other suspicious activity that there is nothing the police can or will do.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    What was the outcome, serious question. Did you badge them? ID them? FOP, ID, Badge them. Odd questions, but I have had MoCo pull me over and get anal at times.

In MoCo, no real need to have the Glock on your seat IMO. Driving through certain parts of DC or Baltimore City, it is on my lap.

In ref to the video, just by looking at the video, that SGT will and could lose his stripes, I prefer his job. That was just uncalled for! :mad54:

I had just left training and it was in my batman belt holster on the seat. He advised me to slow down and wrote me a written warning. I told them I was a cop from the get go....there was a gun on the seat hahaha.

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    I had just left training and it was in my batman belt holster on the seat. He advised me to slow down and wrote me a written warning. I told them I was a cop from the get go....there was a gun on the seat hahaha.
    Yeah, thats MoCo and their making a record of everything crap. I simply wave and nod, no need to write crap. :sad20:

But which creds did you show them? If you do not want to answer, I understand, I am just trying to get a feeler for how other handle it.

I got a good friend in the Federal Reserve Police who lives in Rockville, he's has some pretty harsh experiences with MoCo PD over tint!

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I gave them my id I never have a badge unless at work, I hate the George castanza wallet. I understand him writing the warning out hell I woulda understand if he hit me for the ticket hes training gotta learn a lot fast. Im just lucky he was nice to me.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Mark Fiorino all over again. :sad20:

Philly PD will not change. Their hostility towards poeple legally carrying guns comes from up the chain of command, all the way to the Mayor's office. Nothing short of a federal receivership for civil rights violations will correct this problem.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    This is great, the usual suspects are not defending the cops this time because it's on video. If it were not on video we all know that the corrections officer would have been doing something wrong.

This is FACT.:gun7::gun7::gun7::gun7::smack::smack::smack:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom