• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Somebody's gonna lose the stripes on their shoulder is what I'm thinking. That was highly unprofessional. As soon as he presented his credentials the incident should have been over. Of course, in a state where carrying a gun is legal, 911 shouldn't have been called in the first place.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Wow, a racist black police officer choking an innocent White-American man... This was obviously a hate crime. Does anyone want to meet me in front of the restaurant tomorrow with "Justice for Joshua" signs? :sarcasm:

Swoop

Say hello to my little...
    Mar 25, 2012
    MD
    Wow, there is clearly something lurking beneath all of these types of stories coming out of Philly pertaining to indiviuals who are legally carrying. What does the Police chief have to say about these types of stories?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Somebody's gonna lose the stripes on their shoulder is what I'm thinking. That was highly unprofessional. As soon as he presented his credentials the incident should have been over. Of course, in a state where carrying a gun is legal, 911 shouldn't have been called in the first place.

Yep. He proved he was a CO, carrying legally. The LEO who then proceeded to do the choke hold should be charged with assault and battery. Now the city faces a civil suit they can't win.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I got pulled over yesterday bu moco with my glock sitting on the passenger seat (not a normal habit) and the guy was being trained. I knew he was brand new when he walked up to the car and though holy bear turds I'm going down..........he couldn't have been more professional. Although his training officer told him the mds stickers on the truck were military related.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    I got pulled over yesterday bu moco with my glock sitting on the passenger seat (not a normal habit) and the guy was being trained. I knew he was brand new when he walked up to the car and though holy bear turds I'm going down..........he couldn't have been more professional. Although his training officer told him the mds stickers on the truck were military related.

Care to share why you got pulled over? :innocent0

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

I think I saw you, I was the one who drove by with one leg and a weener hanging out the drivers window.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Thinking Philly needs to train its officers better.

Philly has lost about half a dozen lawsuits recently backed by PAFOA for people legally carrying. In just about every one additional training requirements are part of the settlement, along with the monetary sum for the victim. The problem is that the police and city brass still push their anti-rights agenda with "unofficial" procedures, and the mandated training ends up being a short video or memo that basically gets ignored. The law is very clear, and at this point police on the street and the city leaders choose to basically ignore it, and just pay out lawsuit settlements with tax money. It has turned into a stalemate, someone is sighted carrying legally, police arrest them or harass them, following their unlawful policy, then those people sue and win. It's up there with the Katrina gun confiscations as a city's affront to the rights of it's citizens, and the willingness of police to go along with unlawful policies, some more than others. It will continue, and will probably end up with someone getting killed over it, the courts so far will not arrest politicians or police brass for contempt of court, and as long as lawsuits are paid from the general fund without individuals getting sued or charged with crimes, there really is no punishment so far that will deter Philly from continuing.

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX

The Cop should be arrested. We are still a Nation under law.Unfortunately, there are some lawless individuals wearing uniforms!

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Philly has lost about half a dozen lawsuits recently backed by PAFOA for people legally carrying. In just about every one additional training requirements are part of the settlement, along with the monetary sum for the victim. The problem is that the police and city brass still push their anti-rights agenda with "unofficial" procedures, and the mandated training ends up being a short video or memo that basically gets ignored. The law is very clear, and at this point police on the street and the city leaders choose to basically ignore it, and just pay out lawsuit settlements with tax money. It has turned into a stalemate, someone is sighted carrying legally, police arrest them or harass them, following their unlawful policy, then those people sue and win. It's up there with the Katrina gun confiscations as a city's affront to the rights of it's citizens, and the willingness of police to go along with unlawful policies, some more than others. It will continue, and will probably end up with someone getting killed over it, the courts so far will not arrest politicians or police brass for contempt of court, and as long as lawsuits are paid from the general fund without individuals getting sued or charged with crimes, there really is no punishment so far that will deter Philly from continuing.

Was it Florida where some state law was made which would make the local LEO's/politicians financially liable with their own money for just this kind of thing? It put a stop to whatever the problem was virtually instantaneously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom