• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    Went to Hap Baker for the first time yesterday. Great experience, and I wanted to thank the RO's who were very helpful. Especially, the gentleman who loaned my 10 yo daughter his T/C Hot Shot youth rifle. It fit her much better than the 90 year old Remington pump I had for her. He spent a lot of time with her and she had a great time.

I need a lot more practice if I'm going to stay out ahead of her!!

Thanks All!

You can forget about out shooting your daughters - my three are almost supernaturally good with very little practice. Get her a Marlin or Ruger 22 rifle and teach her safety and respect for weapons and she will be way ahead of her peers.
    Your experience at Hap is similar to mine. The RSOs have always been great when I've been there. Even the gruff older guy is deep down a good chap and a veteran IIRC. The guy who carries the Colt commander size .45 is knowledgeable, polite and has a sense of humor. As long as you remember that its "their house" and keep in mind some of the candidates for Darwin's law they see up there, its a fine place to shoot.
    And to another poster, no they have never asked to inspect my ammo or mags. I hate wasting time loading at the range and I bring lots of 30 rounders pre-packed. :)

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    From the County web site:

Open for operation Fridays through Sundays for the months of January-March; and Wednesdays through Sundays for the months of April-December; always 10am to one hour prior to sunset. Also open on Thanksgiving Day, but always closed on Christmas Day and New Year's Day.

Sundown is 7:44pm today which means they would close at 6:44pm. Plan your meetup time accordingly.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I was planning to show tomorrow with a couple buds... but they seem to have bailed on me.

Not doing a first time anywhere alone... anyone else planning to be there, say 4 or 5 o'clock??

I can't make it Thursday at that time. Why not go alone? You think they will bite? I have to help someone with their computer at 3 on Friday. You available early Friday?

Winchester_guy87

Mar 2, 2011
    Odenton
    Is anyone planning on heading out there this weekend? Never been out there, I have always gone to AGC. But didnt get around to renewing my badge there this year havent had too much time to get out and shoot.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I can't make it Thursday at that time. Why not go alone? You think they will bite? I have to help someone with their computer at 3 on Friday. You available early Friday?

:lol:

Nah... just lay-of-the-land and procedure things... would rather have someone along who knows HB's routine.

Friday early is no good, sorry. Job interview.

But it sounds like some might be interested in something over the weekend?? Might be good, since it's a holiday w/e, and with the race in town maybe fewer in the crowd?

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Good luck with the interview.

I am free this coming Wednesday, Sept 5 if you can't get there this weekend.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    So far, I'm free. What time did you have in mind (and I'll see if I can get my old boss to join us... bastage just won a .308 scoped Remington)?

Wait... Taking the old boss to the range??? Is this a good idea??? :innocent0

Shooting starts at 10, so 9:30 so we get a lane or two.

I have to bring my FAL. Have to get that thing running.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Wait... Taking the old boss to the range??? Is this a good idea??? :innocent0

Shooting starts at 10, so 9:30 so we get a lane or two.

I have to bring my FAL. Have to get that thing running.

LOL... He's a good guy! In fact, I sent a job prospect for him to pursue, yesterday!

Early is good.

I have 2 rifles I need to sight in (Mini-14 and Rem 798 .270)

I'll have plenty of targets if we need'em.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    LOL... He's a good guy! In fact, I sent a job prospect for him to pursue, yesterday!

Early is good.

I have 2 rifles I need to sight in (Mini-14 and Rem 798 .270)

I'll have plenty of targets if we need'em.

Still on?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    If I get off on time I might swing up it depends on how much sleep I get.

If I make it at opening I'll be up with a 6920, G19, MP9, and probably a Savage .308 if I can get someone to help me lug all that stuff out of the house :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom