• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • quattroginger

Feb 22, 2013
    what is the longest range in MD? i dont have any property anywhere to shoot so i rely on ranges mostly. im sure there has to be some at least over 100yrds.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    The AGC in marriottsville has a 200 yd range.

Thurmont Conservation has a range which is 300 yards.

FT Meade has one which I believe is 600 yards though i only see folks shooting matches on it which are coordinated by the Md rifle club - couple of threads here announcing the matches

Not in MD, but not far outside the border are:
    Bridgeville DEA - has a 600 and recently opened a 1,000 yard line
    Peacemaker Training has several long ranges

---
    Shamr0ck

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    200 yd military style at Marriotsville (AGC). If you want to drive foe about 90 minutes, Bridgeville DE has 300, 600 and 1000 yd. I know, you said Maryland. Just sharing.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    O
    The AGC in marriottsville has a 200 yd range.

Thurmont Conservation has a range which is 300 yards.

FT Meade has one which I believe is 600 yards though i only see folks shooting matches on it which are coordinated by the Md rifle club - couple of threads here announcing the matches

Not in MD, but not far outside the border are:
    Bridgeville DEA - has a 600 and recently opened a 1,000 yard line
    Peacemaker Training has several long ranges

---
    Shamr0ck
    Ft Meade 600 yards. Not matches only but you must be in a club designated to use it. (meade rod and gun, meade rifle and pistol, maryland state rifle and pistol association, meade natural heritage association)

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    what is the longest range in MD? i dont have any property anywhere to shoot so i rely on ranges mostly. im sure there has to be some at least over 100yrds.

Delmarva Sporting Clays in Vienna has 100, 200, 300 & 500

They charge a little extra for the 500, but you can shoot all day on the 100, 200 & 300 for $25. Open to the public, you don't have to be a member etc

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Southern Lancaster County Farmer Sportsmen's Association in Quarryville PA now has a 300 yard range. Lots of Maryland members.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I believe Mayberry is 600 yards.

Thx - I always forget about Mayberry as it is members only, and I'm not. Great facility though

OFt Meade 600 yards. Not matches only but you must be in a club designated to use it. (meade rod and gun, meade rifle and pistol, maryland state rifle and pistol association, meade natural heritage association)

Thx for clarifying. I missed that part when reading posts about range time there - posts I've seen mentioned coordinated arrival times and departure times which always exceeded my available time. (I.e. All arrive together and depart at the end of day together). Is that always the case or associated with a club event?

---
    Shamr0ck

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Thx for clarifying. I missed that part when reading posts about range time there - posts I've seen mentioned coordinated arrival times and departure times which always exceeded my available time. (I.e. All arrive together and depart at the end of day together). Is that always the case or associated with a club event?
    yes it is.

BLS27

May 1, 2015
    Mt. Airy
    I believe Mayberry is 600 yards.

I have been looking for a range of this distance. Does anyone know more on this? I'm looking for a place that can go at least to 600 yards. I live in Mt. Airy. Not much around me except for Peace Maker which hosts a lot of matches and can be a pain to get into the longer ranges.

Are they steel targets or paper? Can you shoot prone? How often are they open for individual shoots?

I wouldn't mind Meade either, but their website is a little vague. Can you shoot long range every month or is it only 2 to 3 times a year (according to their calendar)?

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I have been looking for a range of this distance. Does anyone know more on this? I'm looking for a place that can go at least to 600 yards. I live in Mt. Airy. Not much around me except for Peace Maker which hosts a lot of matches and can be a pain to get into the longer ranges.

Are they steel targets or paper? Can you shoot prone? How often are they open for individual shoots?

I wouldn't mind Meade either, but their website is a little vague. Can you shoot long range every month or is it only 2 to 3 times a year (according to their calendar)?

Mayberry is a great facility located between Westminster and taneytown just north of 140.

They have an archery course, a pond, a creek and several pavilions. It is a member only facility and is one of the sites used for a precision rifle match series. The precision series had several different stages at a variety of distances out to 500+ yards.

Given it was a match, I don't know what rules exist for member shooting which may have differed from the match.

http://mgpa.us

Calendar says there is a ground hog shoot today and precision rifle match tomorrow.

---
    Shamr0ck

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    There is a 600 yard range out in Garrett county, but the name escapes me at the moment. IMO Bridgeville is the place to go for f class matches. While Ft Meade has matches to combined ******** of signing in and signing out and coming and going as a group is a PIA. There is an Across-the-course match next Saturday 9th, and 10th is 3X600 yard match at Bridgeville.

Good luck

Jerry

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom